Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub box

Hi guys,

I need some advise please. I am wanting to put my sub and amp in my car and want a sub box that look fitted but I can remove when needed as below.

No I have never done anything like this before and I am cr*p at all DIY, but I will have a go and see how I do. I am wanting to use an Anderson connector for the power/earth as the amp will be in the sub box aswell, then the power can be easily disconnected. Somebody at work said that it would not be suitable for the job, is that the case? also will 4AWG cable fit in to a 50amp Anderson connector for crimping?

Cheers
    www.facebook.com/j666gak

use the 175 or 300 amp anderson connector. 4awg is capable of holding a great amount of amperage (ever see teh size of your starter cable?) and depending on your audio it can draw more than 50 amp. start with a larger anderson, and yes it will hold the 4g.

also, if you are in central pa area, i could build you a box
    "To start press any key" Where's the "any" key?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOvalMacMech View Post
      use the 175 or 300 amp anderson connector. 4awg is capable of holding a great amount of amperage (ever see teh size of your starter cable?) and depending on your audio it can draw more than 50 amp. start with a larger anderson, and yes it will hold the 4g.

also, if you are in central pa area, i could build you a box
      thanks for the advice mate. I have ordered a pair of these 12v 175amp Anderson plugs, look just the ticket to me. thanks for the offer as well but I live in the UK, would be a nice trip to NY though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...308%26_fvi%3D1

thank again
      www.facebook.com/j666gak

Comment

Working...
      X