Big fiberglass project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big fiberglass project

Hey guys, thought I would share a project that me and my partner have been working on for some time now. Feel free to comment.

You can also visit our site to see the time lapse videos....pretty cool. website
    Attached Files

wow thats really starting from almost nothing

Comment

Daaaamn,That coming along nice
      Most Complete OBDII Manufacturer Database

Comment

Which kind of car is it?
        Ampie Case
        2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
        Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
        Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
        M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

That looks viper inspired.

I love it. I want to do the same kinda thing some day.
          03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

i'm not sure, but I think he was wondering what car that kit was being built on. Is it a Miata?

Crankycowboy -- wow man the car looks amazing.. if I could throw in my .02. I think the lines are super clean. The wide flares and stance look sick. I was thinking the hood actually looks a little more aggressive than it should (this is just my conservative side talking). Instead of a scooped and ducted hood -- how about a lower profile louvered style? something like this:

thats just my opinion lol. either way -- amazing job! I love the step by step photos -- definitely blows me away. what plans for the motor/suspension do you have? track car? show car? both?

Comment

Hey guys, Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll try to answer a couple questions.

The car is our own design; however, inspired by many different cars. The design was also partially driven by requirements to make the car legal (headlight height, etc). The car went through several stages before landing where it is now. Actually this is the second foam buck, the first we scrapped for design changes and improvements on technique learned from the first one. We have video blogged (time lapse) the entire process, and I encourage you to check out the videos on our site listed above.

DCSF: Thanks for your input, all input is greatly appreciated. However, we are at a point on the car that going back and making design changes again would be a major undertaking.

Anyway, we intend to complete the foam body buck soon and begin laying the fiberglass. From there, we will pull a mold and go from there.

Thanks again guys for all the encouragement!!

Eric

Comment

This is something I'd like to see on discovery channel.
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...150-carpc.html

Comment

interesting... The IRS cradle looks very close to the Mustang Cobra unit I modified for my thnderbird...

Comment

Originally posted by booksix View Post
                    interesting... The IRS cradle looks very close to the Mustang Cobra unit I modified for my thnderbird...
                    Wow, booksix....great eye. We actually took that IRS module and are attempting to adapt it to our project. We had to get it into cad first though.

Comment

LOL, thanks! It's a pretty good place to start. So once you lay everything out in CAD and see if it'll work you'll start from a complete unit and modify it or you'll form a piece from scratch? Also, why did you choose that particular unit? Just curious! Anyway, killer work! I especially like the EV portion. I just bought a 2000 BMW Z3 with the plans to convert it: lithium and 3-phase AC hopefully

Comment

I want the XTR!

Comment

I have received quite a few private messages on updating status of this project. Please check out www.bxrmotors.com and watch the videos etc. Thanks for all the inquiries and support guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by crankycowboy View Post
                            The car is our own design; however, inspired by many different cars. The design was also partially driven by requirements to make the car legal (headlight height, etc). The car went through several stages before landing where it is now. Actually this is the second foam buck, the first we scrapped for design changes and improvements on technique learned from the first one. We have video blogged (time lapse) the entire process, and I encourage you to check out the videos on our site listed above.
                            Okay but you still didn't say which kind of car it is. Looks like a RX8. What's the chassis code?
                            Ampie Case
                            2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                            Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                            Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                            M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Maheriano, I guess I didn't do a very good job explaining myself (my apologies). However, I am not sure what your question is. I have already stated that this car is our own design. We manufactured the car as well as the chassis from scratch; therefore there is no chassis code. Hope that helps clarify. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X