Dodge Ram LCD Fab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Ram LCD Fab

Just wanted to throw out a few pics of the dash fab I did for my friend. I wish I had taken more throughout the earlier stages.

The HVAC controls were moved down in place of the cubbyhole and a 8" Xenarc (840TSV I think?) molded in. The buttons got a little damage due to overzealous sanding/improper prep. Hopefully we can find someone on here that isn't using theirs.

I used some Loctite plastic weld epoxy to do the structural part and my new Plastic Welder for the heavy filling/smoothing operations. I then used some Bondo Gold (yeah yeah, I know.) for the light filling as well as Bondo's spot/glazing putty. I used Duplicolor's high build primer followed by Bumper Paint for the finish. I attempted to replicate turbocad's texture technique, but what I ended up doing basically amounted to using overspray to attain texture.

Overall I think it came out pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

DON'T PANIC.

Previous install pics in 2k3 S10

Project CarPc V2

Good Job on the Fab, I too moved my HVAC controls to the cubby.
    If you cant DODGE em, RAM em.

Comment

Great job! LOOKS better then OEM ....!!
      VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
      Final Install
      CarPC progress: 95%

Comment

Originally posted by stealinfool View Post
        Just wanted to throw out a few pics of the dash fab I did for my friend. I wish I had taken more throughout the earlier stages.

The HVAC controls were moved down in place of the cubbyhole and a 8" Xenarc (840TSV I think?) molded in. The buttons got a little damage due to overzealous sanding/improper prep. Hopefully we can find someone on here that isn't using theirs.

I used some Loctite plastic weld epoxy to do the structural part and my new Plastic Welder for the heavy filling/smoothing operations. I then used some Bondo Gold (yeah yeah, I know.) for the light filling as well as Bondo's spot/glazing putty. I used Duplicolor's high build primer followed by Bumper Paint for the finish. I attempted to replicate turbocad's texture technique, but what I ended up doing basically amounted to using overspray to attain texture.

Overall I think it came out pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

The way you did it is most def better then OEM. All Dodges use to have the A/C controls at the bottom, out of the way, then Dodge got retarded and smacked them right in your face in the middle. Its these kind design changes that have people not wanting to buy their cars and has Chrysler in trouble.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
        X