Newbie: Whats this part called...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie: Whats this part called...

Hi, first time caller long time listener, so be gentle.

I'm going to fabricate myself a spring loaded popup dashboard monitor (don't want to go into all the hastle of motorised screens - http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...up-screen.html) - I don't see popping the thing up as a problem - but I need help keeping it down.

I figured I'd need to use some of those (magnetic?) push-pop thingies, the ones where you push them down to keep it in place, then push it again to release it? But I cant think what they are called? Any ideas? Or any better suggestions?

spring loaded latch? pop latch? something like that, haha...
    DON'T PANIC.

Previous install pics in 2k3 S10

Project CarPc V2

Comment

Its a touch latch! Unfortunatly they seem to be a little too big for what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by flatproblem View Post
        Its a touch latch! Unfortunatly they seem to be a little too big for what I want.
        Sorry to get in on this after you'd already found your answer.

There seem to be some pretty small ones out there. Maybe one like this will fit . . .
        If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

I have seen some sort of small ones at HomeDepot in the cabinet/hardware aisles. I used them for a project in highschool and they worked well.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
          X