Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a manufacturer of dash plastic replacements.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a manufacturer of dash plastic replacements.

Hello,
    I am looking at buying a 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring. The radio area in the dash does not have a standard 1 or 2 din opening. I remember seeing a few years ago a company that made custom pieces to replace factory plastic. At this time I am not interested in a carputer in this vehicle but I really would like to be able to add a 2DIN navigation head to it.

Here is a picture of the Touring's dash:

Also, if I am successful in finding such a replacement for the factory radio, it also displayed the outside temp (which I really like)...How would you deal with this on a new unit?

Thank you

You may be able to find a Metra dash kit for it but i dont know... if thats a first model year it may not be released yet.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I don't think that would work. I would need to replace that entire front panel including the area around the hvac controls.

Comment

metra makes some pretty extensive kits. They replace a large portion of the mazda 6 dash as well. I dont know of anyone else who makes them at that scale
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Thank you for the info. There was a company I was speaking with about two years ago for a custom dash for my trooper. I lost interest at the time and forgot who they were now. I believe it was all carbon fiber.

Comment

Just found their website and it looks like they don't make a panel for the touring (yet). They have our other vehicle though (santa fe) so maybe they will make one. I will give them a call.

Comment

Working...
            X