Extending wires to relocate buttons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending wires to relocate buttons

these is from my monitor button panel, i mean the connector to the panel....Can i extend the wires without any problems ? I need to relocate buttons on another place...

You should be fine, I extended mine by soldering wires onto where the buttons used to be as I don't have a nice connector like you do. Just keep it short, mine is only extended by about 6"
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
      You should be fine, I extended mine by soldering wires onto where the buttons used to be as I don't have a nice connector like you do. Just keep it short, mine is only extended by about 6"

thanks a lot!

I have 7 wires and 7 buttons meaning these is 1 button 1 wire ??? I plan to extend for about almost 50 cm....would it be too much (worse ?) for what ??

Comment

I would assume they would be alright. They probably operate how mine do, where the wires are pulled high and the button grounds it out to provide the "click". When I said too long, I meant don't try like 3-5 meters or something.
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

Working...
        X