cut to size plastic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut to size plastic

Anyone know of a cheap online supplier that ships cut to size plastic? The only good one I've found is tapplastic.com, but I was wondering if there was any other cheap supplier.

is there a reason you need it precut? i haven't looked in a while, but thought you could get bulk sheets pretty cheap when compared to them custom cutting it...
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

I just figured getting them laser cut is the closest cut you can get and its hassle free. I was thinking a small mini itx computer case from plexiglass for my car.

Comment

I have to admit, I got a little chuckle out of a guy named "kasemodz" asking where to get pre-cut plastic. Having never tried to cut acrylic myself, I digress....

Comment

it is a little funny

i can't say i have ever seen the edge on laser cut plexi, so not sure on the end result, though i have cut lexan, and plexiglass, and neither are too bad-- lots of small bits flying everywhere, and if your looking for that glass edge, it can be tough-- it takes lots of sanding and plastic polishing to do(if this is what your looking for, double check with the company that has the laser cutter)..

if you have a band saw, that seems to be the easiest way to get to start to get a professional looking cut, though i usually end up using my dremel with a 1-1/2" saw blade on it...
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

if you're cutting plexi or acrylic and want to get a clear edge you can simply take a blow torch to it after cutting... You have it keep it moving or it will catch fire. Also where a fume mask. not just a dust mask. it will melt the sand/saw grooves smooth like the face.

Comment

Working...
            X