Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much protrudes Lilliput electronics in dd case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much protrudes Lilliput electronics in dd case?

anybody knows how much it protrudes the Lilliput EBY701 electronics in a DD case using the bybyte frame? trying to design the case but I don't have the monitor yet.

it is still about a 1" thick. the bybyte frame really keeps everything in its original location, so there is no major depth difference other then the fact that the factory case has a very slim speaker on the back(the housing, and speaker would probably account for no more then a 1/4")
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

so basically the case has to be 1" longer then the board. 6.75"+1"=~8" right? 8"x7"x4"

Comment

after thinking about it, i think it might be more accurate to use the dimensions of a standard-cased 701..

one inch should definitely be enough, though, in a in-dash case, space is at a premium..

when i tested the in-dash approach, i utilized the slots on the bybyte case to ensure that the screen was close enough to the other components--it might help with your design.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

I'm planning to make a case from aluminum sheet metal (.063)and using aluminum angle(.5x.125) to keep the plates together and the length of the case is the only missing size holding me back to make my case.
          I have to wait till Christmas to get my screen.

Comment

maybe this could help?
            Attached Files
            New Car PC Build list in progress

Comment

it helps, thank you for that, but I'm still not able to picture in my mind how exactly is the case hooked up to that frame and how much of the monitor protrudes into the case.
              basically the DD case reaches into the frame as much that it will line up with the front of the display? in this case I will have to add the whole width(thickness) of the monitor(1.021 in).
              my boss left for a couple of weeks and I have a mill at my work place and I would like to do some cutting and drilling while he is gone. the monitor will be purchased after he is back.
              1.021+6.7=7.721
              crutchfield has a depth spec of 7.685, so it's very close

Comment

Maybe this could give you of an idea, although this is the mechatroniks bezel

If i get a chance i will try and measure the gap between the board and screen
                New Car PC Build list in progress

Comment

thank you very much for trying to help me, but I really need somebody with the same frame really. maybe they are not the same and I don't want to mess up my material.
                  thank you again.

Comment

I have purchase the DD bybyte frame from ebay. hopefully that will help figuring out the case size.

Comment

Working...
                    X