vertical lift lcd screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vertical lift lcd screen

This will be my first stab at building a more integrated car pc, and will be aiming for the entire setup to be more or less invisible when the system is off. To that end I am planning on having the screen hidden in the dash when not in use, and lifting up when system is powered on. Does anyone know if the commonly used screens are light enough that a cd drive would be able to accomplish this?

hmm, i don't think so. but if you rigged something using pulley's and string, it might work..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by 78trans am View Post
      This will be my first stab at building a more integrated car pc, and will be aiming for the entire setup to be more or less invisible when the system is off. To that end I am planning on having the screen hidden in the dash when not in use, and lifting up when system is powered on. Does anyone know if the commonly used screens are light enough that a cd drive would be able to accomplish this?
      i doubt it and i dont think they would have enough travel. yould be better off with a lead screw and motor or an actuator.
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Working...
      X