2000 Stang mounted LCD w/DVD-RW in-dash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Stang mounted LCD w/DVD-RW in-dash

I finnished this a few weeks ago and thought i would post it. the fabricating only took about 12 hours. the paint is only temporary until i get this 3M paint that is textured like the top of the dash. critique is welcomed and appreciated-
    Attached Files

2002 Alpine Class A RV Carputer in dash w/mounted 10.4 LCD

This is another project of mine. I dont believe ive ever seen a carputer in an RV, but the application might be better than in a car. This was a clean install and fairly easy. its my second now and i plan on doing many many more. if you like my work, cantact me and i can make quotes on something for you.
    [email protected]
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, thats not too bad considering the room you have to work with in the Mustang. Unfortunately, I have the 2001 model which has the MACH 460 system that cannot be easily tapped into or swapped out so I had to keep the system and mount my screen over the radio. Its' not too bad but I wish it could be better.
      Attached Files

Comment

Why can it not be taken out or replaced?
        www.natchezss.com

God Bless America and Our President!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthGaVigor
          Why can it not be taken out or replaced?
          You are right that it can be taken out but unfortunately, there is no way to tap into the existing MACH 460 amp-speaker setup for the full effect. I can get just the 4 high speakers but the 4 lows run already amplified from the HU and into the amps. I can't get a clean signal and no one makes adapters for this system. So for now I just use an FM modulator which works ok for now. I don't have the money to swap out the whole system just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tmar89
            You are right that it can be taken out but unfortunately, there is no way to tap into the existing MACH 460 amp-speaker setup for the full effect. I can get just the 4 high speakers but the 4 lows run already amplified from the HU and into the amps. I can't get a clean signal and no one makes adapters for this system. So for now I just use an FM modulator which works ok for now. I don't have the money to swap out the whole system just yet.
            I am pretty sure that this would allow you to tap into the 460 setup

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdnaux.html

at least that is what I am planning for my set up at the moment

Scorp

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpnstail
              I am pretty sure that this would allow you to tap into the 460 setup

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdnaux.html

at least that is what I am planning for my set up at the moment

Scorp
              i've seen this before. Read more on this page:
              NOTE: NOT compatible with 2003 models equipped with the 6-Disc in-dash headunit or factory navigation system.

Comment

Tmar, how did the mounting work right on top of the stereo? Also, how permanant of a setup is it?

Im new to carmp3, but wanting to build into my '99 cavalier. I might be able to take out my radio, move the controls for AC and whatnot, and install the monitor there. However if not(im not the best at that kind of stuff) maybe I could just mount in front of the radio like you did. Especially if its fairly reversable, i really want to build a carputer but dont know how long I will keep the car for.

Thanks.

Comment

i've seen this before. Read more on this page:
                  NOTE: NOT compatible with 2003 models equipped with the 6-Disc in-dash headunit or factory navigation system.
                  I figured that since it is the 2001 6 cd changer then there should not be any issue since it is most likely a different unit in the 2003.

Scorp

Comment

Originally posted by bsboard
                    Tmar, how did the mounting work right on top of the stereo? Also, how permanant of a setup is it?

Im new to carmp3, but wanting to build into my '99 cavalier. I might be able to take out my radio, move the controls for AC and whatnot, and install the monitor there. However if not(im not the best at that kind of stuff) maybe I could just mount in front of the radio like you did. Especially if its fairly reversable, i really want to build a carputer but dont know how long I will keep the car for.

Thanks.
                    I just used the supplied harness with the Lilliput LCD screen and used two screws with locking nuts and went right through my dashboard trim. It wasn't my #1 plan but it works and I'm happy with it. The good thing is that I still have access to my radio for now and I also can easily detach the LCD from the harness for security reasons. if you have a flat area you can use double stickyback tape! good luck!

Comment

I figured that since it is the 2001 6 cd changer then there should not be any issue since it is most likely a different unit in the 2003.

Scorp
                      wow.. DUH moment. I saw 6 cd changer and 2003 but I thought 2001. Maybe!!! But still doesn't solve the problem of replacing the stereo and putting the LCD screen in its place. Where would you put the radio??

Comment

wow.. DUH moment. I saw 6 cd changer and 2003 but I thought 2001. Maybe!!! But still doesn't solve the problem of replacing the stereo and putting the LCD screen in its place. Where would you put the radio??
                        Looking a bit closer i see that they have this marked

- 2001-2004 Mustang - Radio Series 815 or 868

Now maybee with a bit of luck the 2001 Mach 460 setup is actually in one of those two series. ( Dont have access to my manual at the moment ) i would assume that 460 would be the series but i have been wrong many many times in the past.

and if you wanted to reroute the radio you could always re-route it into the truck or into the armrest console, but i have no experience with car audio so i am just talking speculation here.

I personally think that I am going to just keep the stock radio where it as as I have no idea how to go about moving it myself.

Comment

Looking a bit closer i see that they have this marked

- 2001-2004 Mustang - Radio Series 815 or 868

Now maybee with a bit of luck the 2001 Mach 460 setup is actually in one of those two series. ( Dont have access to my manual at the moment ) i would assume that 460 would be the series but i have been wrong many many times in the past.

and if you wanted to reroute the radio you could always re-route it into the truck or into the armrest console, but i have no experience with car audio so i am just talking speculation here.

I personally think that I am going to just keep the stock radio where it as as I have no idea how to go about moving it myself.
                          I have to look it up too.. But either way, how are you planning on mounting the LCD screen?

Comment

I have to look it up too.. But either way, how are you planning on mounting the LCD screen?
                            I have made a custom (gooseneck) Arm to hold the monitor just to the right of the wheel. One end fits to the large bolt on the drivers seat, between the center console and the seat and the other end of course holds the monitor. I personally like having the monitor right next to the wheel.

Out of everything with my project it was the monitor location that has been the hardest aspect.

Comment

I have made a custom (gooseneck) Arm to hold the monitor just to the right of the wheel. One end fits to the large bolt on the drivers seat, between the center console and the seat and the other end of course holds the monitor. I personally like having the monitor right next to the wheel.

Out of everything with my project it was the monitor location that has been the hardest aspect.
                              does it bounce or vibrate at all when you are driving? When I am driving with the top down on a highway my screen vibrates at a pretty high frequency because of the distance from the base to the screen with the harness.

Comment

Working...
                              X