i need paint tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need paint tips

my lilliput arrive yesterday and today i started priming it and then spraying it black to match my benzel. what should i spray it with to prevent it from being scratched?? i've noticed already that theres a few scratches on the lilliput.

SPRAYING PROCESS

BEFORE

AFTER

Originally posted by fondoo
    my lilliput arrive yesterday and today i started priming it and then spraying it black to match my benzel. what should i spray it with to prevent it from being scratched?? i've noticed already that theres a few scratches on the lilliput.
    I would just use a few coats of sealant .. gloss of flat would be up to you There may be a better way , but I am assuming that this would work for what you want

Scorp

Comment

Your prep-work is very important. Did you sand the housing with fine sandpaper? The paint needs to be able to grab the surface. When painted, a smooth surface will scratch/chip very easily. If you spray the painted housing with a clearcoat it may be more resistant to scratches, but the scratches/chips you get will be deeper.

Comment

do you normaly scratche your car inside i don't but some few sealant is not a bad idear
        Carputer Status Not installed
        Car : Peugeot 306 style
        Screen : Lilliput 7" touchscreen
        Case: homemade plexi
        Motherboard: VIA Epia M10000
        Power Supply: Mastero MK-4 (still waiting for some parts)
        Radio: not sure yet
        Software: XP, MediaCar

Comment

Originally posted by pugstyle
          do you normaly scratche your car inside i don't but some few sealant is not a bad idear
          No I do not normally scratch my "car inside", but then I do not plan on painting the inside of my truck. If you bring your car to get it repainted, would you like them to simply wash the car and just start painting it? No, you would expect they would sand the car down first because the intent is to have the new paint stay on the car.

Comment

i sprayed a couple of layers of clear acrylic and it looks great now.

Comment

That's going to look nice when finished. I can tell already
              ----------------------
              VIA Epia II
              256MB 266DDR Ram
              90GB Wester Digital
              Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
              Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
              ----------------------
              Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

Working...