No announcement yet.

BMW 2004 e46 Bezal / case for Lilliput.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 2004 e46 Bezal / case for Lilliput.

Hi guys,

My project is now at the point where i need to mount my 7" Lilliput into the car, i have decided to make some sort of case for the screen so it can be put just behind the gear stick (infront of the sunglass holder and ashtray, will take out if needed) i'am going to to be making this case so i can remove it when not in the car as there are loads f*****g theives around.

So, i have some very strong foam which i have made a templete and cut a hole so the screen fits into it, i now need to buy the fiberglass resin etc, this is where i'm stuck, i need to know the following please !

What are the product i need to get, fiberglass, resins, matts, fleece, etc etc?

And where in London can i simply go and buy these products ?

I have been searhing and not able to find the above info, however found loads of ace info on how to do it, thanks.

Cheers all

Roger

O, and the last thing, i dont want to take the screen out of the casing.
    [SIZE=6]Join Date: Aug 2003
    Vehicle: 2004 320d Sport Touring
    HP-Epc, 512mb Ram, 250gb hd, Lilliput, GPS.
    [/SIZE]

Tip: If you make it look factory thieves ignore it. I live in NJ and I haven't had any problems with having an LCD in my dash (knock on wood).
    http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

hey srcstc,

do you like make those molds for ppl too ??? if you do .. then what will it take ?? i mean .. what will have to be sent to you ... much much will it cost ??

I really admire your work , yours is TRUELY stock looking .. very very good ... the best ive seen yet for the e46 dash

Comment

Originally posted by Q_gamelogic
        hey srcstc,

do you like make those molds for ppl too ??? if you do .. then what will it take ?? i mean .. what will have to be sent to you ... much much will it cost ??

I really admire your work , yours is TRUELY stock looking .. very very good ... the best ive seen yet for the e46 dash

Yeah, e-mail me or PM with what you want done.

Rich
        http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

srcstc is right. Here's a pic of mine and I haven't had any prob. (knock on wood too).

2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
          Lilliput 7"
          P4 2.0
          80Gb
          DLink FM
          Routis 2004
          Opus 150W
          1200watts of PPI power
          2 - 12" solobaric
          MB Quartz
          IBUS - steering control
          USB 2.0 DVD player