Case design for a stowage box.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case design for a stowage box.

This past week, I finished the installation of my car system. Now, I must move on to the fabrication of some sort of housing for the computer (a subject which I know little about).

This is what my stowage box looks like:

I like the way that things are laid out, but I plan on removing the bulky DVD drive and adding a slim DVD (or none at all). I don't want to build a case, because I want the stowage box to act as the case. I want to drill two fans into the stowage box door to create good airflow. Then, I want all of my devices to be mounted onto some type of frame, but still be removable for maintenance. Also, the stowage box has a warning label on it saying that it will get hot, up to 80 degrees! The heat comes from somewhere under the car, so I believe I need insulation. I have no idea where to start so lend me your extreme engineering and fabrication skills.

EDIT: The black box in the upper right hand corner is a jack. It is held to the stowage box with the yellow circle you see (the yellow circle has a bolt that goes vertically and screws into the frame. So, the only things that need to be built in are the mother board, the opus, and the hard drive (mounted vertically please to avoid shock).
    2004 Freelander HSE | Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen| Via M10000 | 256 MB | 120 GB | DVD player | TN-200 | Opus 150watt |Windows XP Pro | Media Car | Routis & Destinator

Try removing your panels on the left and right side of your trunk and see what's behind. I found plenty of space in the body panels to hide the computer. I screwed everything to 1/4" MDF panel and then used industrial strength velcroe to attach the MDF to the interior of the body panel.

LR uses that space on the other side to stash the amplifier for the sub, so I figure it's a safe place for electronics.

Comment

Safe enough as long as you don't get whacked in that quarter panel anyway

Comment

Ill check, what modle do you have? I've got a freelander so ill have to take a look myself.
        2004 Freelander HSE | Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen| Via M10000 | 256 MB | 120 GB | DVD player | TN-200 | Opus 150watt |Windows XP Pro | Media Car | Routis & Destinator

Comment

Working...
        X