Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i find a stock center console for my vehicle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i find a stock center console for my vehicle?

of course, i'm new to fiberglass.

and since it's my first time, before i go and cut into the console i have, i wanted to know how i could find one to buy and practice on. and though i said center console, i really meant the console that sits between the seats, and has cupholders...

i 'd it already, no luck.

help?
    don't let a day go by without finding some wonder in it...

Salvage yard or a you-pull-it would be an affordable place to start. Otherwise you could just go to the dealer and get raped. Your Tracker is old enought that there should be plenty of wrecked ones out there and the part would cost less than half of the new price from the dealer.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

You could look for a site like this (for Arizona) maybe your state has a group like this:

http://www.aara.com/main.shtml

Or here maybe:

http://www.car-part.com/Directory/Re...ine/USA/al.htm
      "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
      http://www.eff.org/

Comment

you could check ebay, I found a 1998 geo tracket center console where the cupholders and stuff are...check it out and see if its the same design as yours since alot of companies keep the interior the same through a number of years

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

only 1 day and 14 hours left, and its at like 3 bucks or something

Comment

wow...i think i'm in love with you guys! you give help so fast!

Comment

Originally posted by saikano
            wow...i think i'm in love with you guys! you give help so fast!
            A lot of us live here, we have a studio apartment in the back.
            [H]4 Life
            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

thanks...i went to a salvage yard yesterday and found exactly what i was looking for!

i bought one of those wal-mart dremel tools [never knew they existed before yesterday] and i've begun the rebuild...i'll have pictures of what i'm doing as i go...

[this dremel tool is pretty nifty and easy to handle!]

thanks again!

Comment

How cool...you rock. just go big and do it. There are a couple of tutorials in the fabrication section that may prove helpful.

The tough part for me was matching the paint
                -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

How cool...you rock. just go big and do it. There are a couple of tutorials in the fabrication section that may prove helpful.
                  yeahh, i'm thinking about cutting up some pieces of the same console material [i picked up two consoles] to build the structural parts of the computer case, and bondo-ing it together...but i don't know if it will work so i will start a new thread...

thanks

Comment

just thought i would let anyone who's looking for interior parts for their car know that you can surely find them in salvage yards. and you don't have to be year-specific, most manufacturers re-use interior parts from year to year. just check, and happy searching!

the salvage yard method is excellent for those who are worried about destroying their components...

Comment

just thought i would let anyone who's looking for interior parts for their car know that you can surely find them in salvage yards. and you don't have to be year-specific, most manufacturers re-use interior parts from year to year. just check, and happy searching!

the salvage yard method is excellent for those who are worried about destroying their components...
                      The salvage yard is where I plan on going as soon as I start my project.
                      If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for the piece?

Progress: On hold while I pay off my new PowerBook :D
                      Part List:
                      VIA MII10000 - 512MB - 20Gig 2.5" - Rikaline 6010 - 7" Lilliput - CNX-P1260 - Alpine 4ch Amp - 4 Gauge wire and fused distrobution block.

Comment

i actually got two pieces - the entire center console...for 30$

and then i went back and got the instrument panel for 15$

Comment

Not too bad. Thanks for the quick reply

Progress: On hold while I pay off my new PowerBook :D
                          Part List:
                          VIA MII10000 - 512MB - 20Gig 2.5" - Rikaline 6010 - 7" Lilliput - CNX-P1260 - Alpine 4ch Amp - 4 Gauge wire and fused distrobution block.

Comment

i actually got two pieces - the entire center console...for 30$

and then i went back and got the instrument panel for 15$
                            where is that salvage yard? If they have parts for a tracker, surely they have parts for my saturn...and they're probably close
                            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                            I'M DEBT FREE!!
                            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

i live in northwest al....you're in miss., right...? maybe our definitions of 'close' are vastly different. anyhow, it's this little town [more like a space in the road] close to huntsville called meridianville...and the place is called Davis Foreign Auto Parts

i forgot the number, but since it's not close, you might wanna call them first. [they know what they are doing, and they happen to know every little thing they have on their lot unlike some of the yards i went to]

EDIT:
                              you know what...i just remembered that i had a roommate from starkville...

Comment

Working...
                              X