MP3Carisma boot install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3Carisma boot install

I've finally decided to start on my boot install, after being fed up with the computer/amps rolling around the boot!

Here's some pics of it so far

After sizing up the initial cut

As I'm cutting it (to prove I'm actually doing it )

First test fitment into the boot...pretty good if I do say so myself!

And from the side

Am just about to make the top for it, will post again soon with some more pics!

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

looking forward to the progress!
    Glad you managed to cut that piece of board alright with just a jigsaw and a ladder! I'd have clamped it down, and wore safety goggles - but I suppose wearing specs is ok.
    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

Comment

I'm a daredevil, me

What's the best thing to do with an old Tiny PC?

Gut it and use it's insides for your carputer

Now to figure out how to mount both inside the car

Garry
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

Easy, it just fits! (Thanks, Mitsubishi and Tiny!)

With a bit of room to spare, too

And of course, the drive bays have to come out, nobody likes horrible bits of metal in the way!

Garry
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Eagerly awaiting more of those pics
          Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

Currently : Audi A6 - no install

Second install : VW Passat '97 CarPC
          First install : '87 Audi 80 CarPC

Comment

****!!!
            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")
            Bunny's first poo
            __ U

Comment

Bad light has stopped play

However, the case is gutted, and the motherboard, hdd and aqua blue neon are installed Batteries in camera just died after this shot so can't show it in the dark with the neon on

The Epia board looks absolutely tiny in there...! But i'm keeping my upgrade options open should I decide I want to put a mATX motherboard in there

Garry
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Very nice- good job on the fabrication work, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.
                Where ever you go- there you are...

Comment

you are putting more in that case right?
                  -Merc
                  1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
                  [:::::::::.]99.9%
                  Working On: Fixing wireless network interference
                  Specs: 8.4inch vga touch, 1.?? ghz, 256 DDR, 4gig OS HD, 120gig Media HD, opus

Comment

thats a huge case for the mobo llol... i cant wait to see how it goes either.

Comment

why is it upside down?

Comment

Yeah, I'm hopefully going to get more in the case. The reason I chose this case (apart from the fact it had been sitting in my loft for 6 months) is that it can take a mATX motherboard, should I decide I need more power than the Epia can provide.

It's "upside down" so that all the connectors are facing the front of the car, while still being able to see/get to the inside (i'm putting a window in the MDF, of course)

Hopefully I can get some more done to it tonight, it sucks being stuck at work all day when there is a carputer waiting to be built!

Garry
                        www.aimee.cc

Comment

nice pics and work there mate!
                          http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                            Hopefully I can get some more done to it tonight, it sucks being stuck at work all day when there is a carputer waiting to be built!

Garry
                            My god my god, I feel your pain. You almost want to make yourself puke in the bathroom at work loud enough so your co-workers can hear just to get off early.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
                            (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination god I can't believe I did it...

Comment

Lots of excitement today!

Firstly, when I got back from work, I bid on and subsequently won these for the car They're a set of 16" wheels complete with 205/45/R16 Continental tyres, official Mitsubishi too, off of the newer shape Carisma.

I also made awesome progress with the boot install

It is now basically done, in my haste to get it all working, I forgot to take some more pics, and I had no help tonight, so no-one else to take pics for me

This is one of the original test fits, after cutting out the hole for the window, and placing the 5.6" composite LCD in there too, which will probably sit there and look pretty displaying visualisations!

Here is the amp, i've decided to throw it in the spare wheel well now, to give me some more room in the back Also to keep the wires from getting snagged on things in the boot!

(And as you can see, the new wheels are a lot nicer than the old ones!)
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X