E46 BMW screen mount!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 BMW screen mount!

Thanks to a couple blokes who gave me tips along the way (GORK, Rich, Buddah from e46fanatics)

Here is a picture of it this morning, primed and ready to be painted. My interior trim is the same paint as my body colour (black sapphire metallic) and I am having this trim piece painted that colour as well. So, it *should* look stock when it is installed! I'll post pics tomorrow when I get it back from the body shop.

And for anyone who is thinking about attempting a bit of custom work: go for it - with one caveat...it is time consuming! If your time is valuable, consider paying a shop to do it for you. This simple (ha!) trim piece took me a considerable time to create - probably somewhere in the 30 hour range! Plus my apartment stinks like a chemical factory from using adhesives/bondo/fiberglass. I used it on my porch, but the smell still hangs around right now....
    Attached Files

looks great! lets see it in the car
    rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

That is a fantastic finish to paint on. Very nice work there.
      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Nice work. Get it painted so we can see the finished product! Flat black works best IMO.
        http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

looks good jackboot. I have a 330i 04 as well and did not brave the task. I am having Rich make one for me. the price is worth my hassle and time
          My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

Good job! I am thinking of building another one without the lip that my current mount has -- I like this style a little better than what I originally built - I thought it would provide some extra shade for the screen, but it's really not that big of a deal.
            MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
            See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
            Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
            Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
            BMW I-Bus Integration
            My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

Looks good! Do you have any "during" or inbetween pictures? I'm planning on re-doing my LCD dash install with bondo. This would really help.
              My Install Thread
              digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
              How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

That looks great - and will only look better when it is painted.

That stink from the resin will linger for a long time IMO. My buddy's roomate did some resin work in his garage (which was open at the time) and it stank for about 2 years - was bearable after the 1st. I hope I am wrong though.
                "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
                http://www.eff.org/

Comment

Here is my attempt at making a screen mount for my bmw e46 coupe, that will fit at the botton of the dash, in place of the sunglasses holder and ashtray. Will take more pictures once i have fitted it in the car. The quality of the pics is not great as i used the camera on my phone

Comment

Miagi: WOW! It looks like you did a great job!!! I can't tell from the pics - did you cover that in black vinyl, or is that paint?

Comment

Its covered in matt black spray paint.

Comment

Very nice straight and even lines. That could be classified as a work of art!

Comment

Jackboot. Have you had your screen mount painted yet?

Comment

Miagi: Yes I had it painted and it is installed. I still need to put everything together and I'll post pics of my entire setup.

Comment

Cant wait to see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X