Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best way to hold a case to the floor of my car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best way to hold a case to the floor of my car?

it looks like i may have to have my mobo behind my center console, on the floor. what can i use to keep it from moving around? would the plastic hook side of velcro work? the case will probably be just big enough for the mobo, as i'll have the drives in the center console storage area.

yup strong velcro. Atick the hard side of the velcro to the bottom of your case it will grip to your floor carpet.
    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

velcro should work

The industrial-grade velcro suggested above will work - I grabbed some from a fabric store and it holds my mini-atx case well (it stands up vertically so thats pretty strong!). Even off-road, I've had no problems.......
      1999 Olds Bravada
      15" In-Dash/7"headrests/AMD 2500+/768/160G/DVD
      Extigy Platinum/GeForce Ti/Opus 150w/GPS/WiFi Bluetooth/Sony Ericsson T610
      Soundstream Amps/RF Components/Subs

2002 Jetta VRoom6
      *Work In Progress*

Comment

just keep in mind that most insurance companies will not pay for anything that was not BOLTED down... in case someone ever breaks into your car...

I just went through this
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by strohj
          just keep in mind that most insurance companies will not pay for anything that was not BOLTED down... in case someone ever breaks into your car...

I just went through this
          Someone tore apart you dash to get a mobo?? That'd be a lot of work (at least in my car) to get PC compenents. Especially a relatively inexpensive mobo. I douby most ******* thieves have any idea what a mobo is!
          My Install Thread
          digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
          How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Working...
          X