Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom fit detachable Lilliput Mount

Hi,
    has anyone built a custom bezel for their Lilliput that allows the screen to be removed or hidden at night/when parked up?

I want to make mine look factory fit, but am not happy about leaving a 200 screen visible to all those scally's that don't want to buy their own ;-)

I just can't work out how to do it.

My car is a Modded Rover 800 Vitesse (People often laugh, until they can't catch me up!) and has plenty of room to mount stuff. I had planned to just make the screen removable so it can live in the glove box at night, but I've read too many stories about the connectors breaking off after repeatedly plugging in and out.

Another option is to make a cover for it.

But best of all, I would like the screen to rotate backwards, thus hiding itself in the dash and being replaced with a fake panel all in one move. It wouldn't have to be motorised or anything, just sturdy enough to look factory fit.

Any ideas
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

i feel ya maYne
    throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

I'm actually working on one like that right now. I wanted the bezel in the dash but the screen has the ability to pop out if I need it to. This way it's only semi-permanent.
      Attached Files

Comment

what are the wire connectors like, or do you just use normal leads?
        My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
        X