Super Fine Sandpaper/Very Fine Sandpaper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Fine Sandpaper/Very Fine Sandpaper

For those of you guys who used 300+ grit sandpaper on your projects.... where did you get it. I can't find it at any of the places by my house. I did a quick search on and I came up with a bunch of charts as to what sandpaper ranges there are but no place to buy them. Home Depot even said they didnt have it.

Any pointers would be very helpful.

Originally posted by savante
    For those of you guys who used 300+ grit sandpaper on your projects.... where did you get it. I can't find it at any of the places by my house. I did a quick search on and I came up with a bunch of charts as to what sandpaper ranges there are but no place to buy them. Home Depot even said they didnt have it.

Try AutoZone or other car place. That's where I got mine.

Comment

Pebboys also got most grits

Comment

Sweet Ill have to check it out. I didnt even think to check the auto places. Just the home improvement.

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

any automotive store pretty much
          throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

Originally posted by savante

I would suggest 3m website. I ordered some 800, 1000, and 2000 grit from them. shipping is extremely reasonable. Other than that I notice that pep boys actually stocks a lot of it on a normal basis. The autozone and r&s strauss usually out of stock of the high grit ones.

Comment

As much as I hate shopping there, our local Wal*Mart has 300 - 1000 grit.
              2003 Toyota Camry V6
              Kenwood Excelon 790 HU, VIA C7 + M2-ATX, Xenarc 700TSV, and 5 discreetly installed amps.

Comment

2500 is the finest I could find, I got it @ a auto paint store.
                2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Paint section at AutoZone is where I picked up mine.

Comment

I will have to definitely visit some auto stores. I tried wal mart but they didnt have anything higher then 240 at the time I was there.

thanks for all the replies guys.

Comment

Yea... i would try a paint store or a plastic store. I got my 600 grit at a store called Taps Plastics. They are pretty commin. Look up a plastic shop in your yellow pages.
                      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

thats the most fine you need
                        throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

yea... i wouldn't go over 600 grit. anything above 600 grit is really for polishing
                          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Ill see what I can find as far as plastics stores around me... there has to be some.

Thanks for all the posts guys.

Comment

paint section of my local walmart supercenter had up to 2000 grit. i've also seen up to 1000 grit at my local lowes.
                              replicant
                              Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

Working...
                              X