Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Lilliput Double Din Mount?

Hey all,

I was checking out Crutchfield.com's online catalog of double din radio mounts for all cars - since they don't have one specific for my car and I found something that looks almost like it would work to mount the lilliput inside and then modified to fit into any dash. I wanted to ask everyone's opinion before I drop the $15 on this...but they do have a good return guarantee, at least. I would be willing to get it if a few of y'all think that it will work. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. The link should bring you to the picture page and I'm referencing the picture on the right - if the little piece of plastic was cut out of the center. I've been hoping for something like this - hopefully it wasn't in vain!

crutchfield Ford F150 Double Din Mount

Let me know please!

Matt
    2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

63 views and nobody has anything at all to comment? Not even a NO WAY THAT WOULD NEVER WORK?
    2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Looks like it would work, but no way to know for sure without dimensions. My screen fit nicely into my double din opening with just a little bit of work to get a nice fit. I think it's worht the $15 to buy it and try it out. It'll most likely fit. If not, Crutchfield is a great company with great customer service. Maybe call 'em up and ask them what the dimensions of the openings are so you'll know for sure.

Originally posted by sheerdark
      Hey all,

I was checking out Crutchfield.com's online catalog of double din radio mounts for all cars - since they don't have one specific for my car and I found something that looks almost like it would work to mount the lilliput inside and then modified to fit into any dash. I wanted to ask everyone's opinion before I drop the $15 on this...but they do have a good return guarantee, at least. I would be willing to get it if a few of y'all think that it will work. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. The link should bring you to the picture page and I'm referencing the picture on the right - if the little piece of plastic was cut out of the center. I've been hoping for something like this - hopefully it wasn't in vain!

crutchfield Ford F150 Double Din Mount

Let me know please!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin302
        Looks like it would work, but no way to know for sure without dimensions. My screen fit nicely into my double din opening with just a little bit of work to get a nice fit. I think it's worht the $15 to buy it and try it out. It'll most likely fit. If not, Crutchfield is a great company with great customer service. Maybe call 'em up and ask them what the dimensions of the openings are so you'll know for sure.
        Thank you! That's what I was hoping for. It looked to me like it should work and I just wanted some other people to confirm that it at least looked like it would work before I bought it and had to send it back.

I do know that the lilliput is double din sized, because it fits just fine in my double din opening. I don't have a Ford F150, but it seemed to be about the same size to provide an opening that would cover the lilliput on the front, so that I don't have to look at the silver color of the lilliput anymore.

On a sidenote - my kenwood head unit stopped working yesterday, so I have to tack yet one more item on my "truckpc" purchases list....*sigh*
        I have a Kenwood with the DMask flipping face. Now, when I turn the car on...it will open up and the lights on the front will turn off for about 2 seconds before they turn right back off and then the face slides down like it is trying to eject a cd and won't do anything else - even if I turn the car off. It sounds to me like it's messed up for good...but does anyone have any ideas? Looks like I'll be buying a new head unit in the next coupla days b/c I can't live without audio. I've been driving the Z the past few days because of it!
        2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

63 views and nobody has anything at all to comment? Not even a NO WAY THAT WOULD NEVER WORK?
          Did you ever think about comparing the dimensions of the double-DIN slot, the mount and the Lilliput?
          Tape measures can be so handy sometimes...
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
            Did you ever think about comparing the dimensions of the double-DIN slot, the mount and the Lilliput?
            Tape measures can be so handy sometimes...
            Yes, I did. However, I figured that this mount was made to fit a double din opening, so I know that it is double din sized - make sense? I didn't know the dimensions of the Lilliput, because mine is still installed in my car....and I didn't have time to take it out last night when I found that mount. But I do know that the Lilliput fits within a double din opening quite well, as that is how it is installed in my car.

I was only asking other people to see if they THOUGHT it might work....I didn't ask you to lay your life on the line if it doesn't work. If it did work, it would present a viable way for others to have mounts for their lilliput....so I figured it applied to this forum - sheesh!
            2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Looks promising, actually. plenty of plastic to trim off if you need to. Only $15 so might as well give it a shot eh? keep us posted

.brett
              -----------
              1981 Toyota Starlet - Project Car
              1988 Toyota MR2 - Daily Driver
              1989 Toyota MR2 Supercharged - Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by brettro82
                Looks promising, actually. plenty of plastic to trim off if you need to. Only $15 so might as well give it a shot eh? keep us posted

.brett
                Thanks! That's what I was waiting for! I thought it looked promising, also. I think I will go ahead and purchase one and see where it takes me...I'll will post pictures here if it works. Keep ya eyeballs posted here
                2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

My DMask Kenwood is doing the same thing. I plan on taking it to one of the local electronics repair shops and get it fixed. Will probably be only $40 or $50 dollars. Much cheaper than a new H/U.
                  7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                  ATVMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by sfay93
                    My DMask Kenwood is doing the same thing. I plan on taking it to one of the local electronics repair shops and get it fixed. Will probably be only $40 or $50 dollars. Much cheaper than a new H/U.
                    I'll have to look into it. When you say "local electronics repair shops" do you mean Best Buy or the like - or do you mean somewhere privately owned...b/c we don't really have any privately owned places around here that I would trust taking anything of mine to. I have contacted Kenwood about repairing it....but it takes them FOREVER to reply to email contact!

Let me ask you this question - did the faceplate stop responding correctly before it started acting funny? Half of my faceplate went dead about 5 months ago - I figured I had killed part of it when I jumped my car battery in my old car.....it was only the graphic equalizer that got taken out, so I didn't worry too much. Then when I installed the kenwood in my glovebox...about a day or two later the faceplate went totally dead. Now, it's doing what I described above. I don't know if I got a bad unit - but I read a lot of stuff on the web about others having problems with the unit that I have and the faceplate dying.....
                    2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Finally gave in and just bought it tonight - after spending a few evenings looking for better prices. I did find a better price on the underdash radio kit that I've been looking at for awhile, but not a better price on that particular Ford F-150 kit. I just hope that it works. I'll update this thread when I get it and have time to try it out with the Lilly....keep your fingers crossed
                      2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Hope it works! Let us know
                        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                        Sound Stage
                        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

wait, your lilliput fits a double-din slot easily? with or without mods?

Comment

Originally posted by senseless228
                            wait, your lilliput fits a double-din slot easily? with or without mods?
                            yeah...don't they all?
                            2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

yeah...don't they all?
                              No. Without completely removing the LCD from the chassis it will not fit into a double din without some work. Though, what some auto manufacturers call "Double Din" can range in reality from 1.5DIN to 2.5DIN.. so sometimes the double din adaptors for an OEM refit will actually have quite a bit more room behind them. Still, I dont think your purchase was in vain. If it doesn't happen to fit, $15 is not much to spend for something you can put in your car or modify to make into a bracket. Heck, I'd even say that $15 is worth something you can hold up there to eyeball how you would like a custom piece to look and to see how it would have to mount.

I bought a $15 radio adaptor for my install and did not ever use it except to see how it attached and take measurements on it. It saved me hours of trying to get things right by trial and error. Considering that a custom shop would charge you close to $1K to build a part for you, $15 should be a gamble any sane person would jump on!
                              MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                              See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                              Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                              Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                              BMW I-Bus Integration
                              My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

Working...
                              X