Altimat new fabrication moderator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altimat new fabrication moderator

I'm pleased to welcome Altimat as our newest moderator of the fabrication forum.

He brings many years of custom fabricating experience to our community and has been a moderator at Altimas.net for a couple years now. Welcome aboard Altimat!

Congrats Mike! He's my business partner for those that don't know

Anyways, Mike will be a kick *** moderator, as most of you know he is very knowledgable and has much skill in this field.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm here to try to help make the messy part of the carputer installation a little easier for everyone. I plan to start by sticking several how-to threads that will cover the various steps required to successfully create some custom dashwork and paint it. If anyone has any suggestions for these how-tos, or any general suggestions at all on how to improve the fabrication forum please post them here in this thread.

I'm also looking for a custom job to use besides my own upcoming work for the purpose of creating a good step-by-step how-to thread. So if you have an especially tricky screen installation project ready to go but haven't worked up the nerve to go ahead with it, send it my way and I'll get it done with a complete how-to to share with everyone and probably for less than it would cost you to buy the materials to do it yourself.

Thanks!!

Mike
      Fabricator

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat
        I'm also looking for a custom job to use besides my own upcoming work for the purpose of creating a good step-by-step how-to thread. So if you have an especially tricky screen installation project ready to go but haven't worked up the nerve to go ahead with it, send it my way and I'll get it done with a complete how-to to share with everyone and probably for less than it would cost you to buy the materials to do it yourself.
        hehe... I wish I could.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Hi Altimat! Let me be the first to respond to this - but I'm glad to hear you are now a mod! Good Luck!

Now as far as the project goes.. I have a 1996 Ford Ranger Ext Cab. I am going to be bondoing and fiberglassing a 7" touchscreen in there. I am waiting for my replacement screen (It's a Lilliput - the touchpad went bad), which should be here on Wednesday. I am also waiting on the new radio bezel I ordered, which I won on last Monday, so it should be here early this week too. After this I plan to start this project, and take MANY MANY pictures of it. If you do not find anyone that will send you their dash pieces, I am willing to work with you on this and take as many pictures of whatever you need for the how-to. I want to work on this myself as a good hands on project, so I don't really want to send it out at this point. I have attached an example photoshopped image of what I am hoping it will look like (with a few changes such as the screen's keypad). I have not mastered PhotoShop yet, so the edges are a little off. They will go up and down exactly with the screen - im my picture they're at an angle... Let me know!
          -Brett W
          Attached Files

Comment

This is what Mike (Altimat) did for me for my 2003 Nissan Altima Its awesome stuff. The paint is incredible. Its one of my favorite things about it. BTW The screen is a Liliput THANKS AGAIN MIKE!

Comment

off subject:

How do you attach images? SORRY!

Comment

Oh and for anybody interested, here's an example of the small # of things Mike has worked on:

http://www.activetuning.com/services

More to be added shortly!

Comment

Here's the screen he did in my 350Z
                  Attached Files

Comment

cool

just wanted to say that the pictures i have seen of altimats work look very impressive, and he was very helpful in answering my fabrication questions a few months ago. Thanks for shareing your time and expertise.
                    My Install

Software:
                    CFiG v1
                    iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
                    Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
                    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat

Thanks!!

Mike
                      I am about to embark on a 02 altima install but a bit differnt for yours... I plan on installing a 10.4 allbrite where the radio is (was). The allbrite is thick so it might get tricky on the sides where the depth is lost. I am still waiting for my screen to come back from repair but am expecting it anyday.

if this fits the bill of what you are looking for or if you have any questions let me know.

there is a pretty bad photoshop pic on my site of what i have in mind here

thanks
                      My Install

Software:
                      CFiG v1
                      iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Originally posted by alti
                        I am about to embark on a 02 altima install but a bit differnt for yours... I plan on installing a 10.4 allbrite where the radio is (was). The allbrite is thick so it might get tricky on the sides where the depth is lost. I am still waiting for my screen to come back from repair but am expecting it anyday.

if this fits the bill of what you are looking for or if you have any questions let me know.

there is a pretty bad photoshop pic on my site of what i have in mind here

thanks
                        Thats exactly the crazy type of project I love to tackle!!
                        Fabricator

Comment

Sweet...
                          My Install

Software:
                          CFiG v1
                          iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment