Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD: Isuzu Amigo/Isuzu Rodeo Stereo Console Surround

Hi Guys n Gals,

I am interested in getting hold of an Isuzu Amigo (1999/2000) or Rodeo Stereo surround. I am thinking of mounting my Carputer in the front of my car underneath the radio so that it is at hand for ripping CDs etc. I wanted to do as little fiberglassing as possible, so stock parts'd be great.

I am in the UK and my new ride, a Frontera Sport RS is basically an Amigo/Passport is gonna be in my grubby mits at the end of the month!

In the UK we have just a single din socket and above that an onboard LCD computer screen (well it shows outside temp etc). It's all moulded where the screen goes and I wanted to remove this, and the surround and replace it with a US double-din front.

UK Dash

Has anyone tried installing a Travla C134 case in the front like this in an Amigo/Rodeo? Does it fit in the socket, the dash looks pretty deep, and I reckon it'll fit.

I'll gonna need it imported, or imported on my behalf (can pay via paypal), so any shouts?

Chewiee

VW Mk2 Golf GTI 16V:
    Kenwood KDC-W6527 HU
    Silver Travla C134, Slot Loading DVD/CDRW,
    256MB, VIA Epia MII 12000, Carnetix 60W, Xenarc VGA/Composite TS and a GPS Mouse

how about, I live in the UK and might be able to get you the dash?

Where I live there is a Ford and Vauxhall only scrappy - and they may just have a bezel in want me to take a look?

I was gonna go down and have a look in there soon anyways.
    http://www.digital-car.co.uk

Comment

I had one for my 98Rodeo but threw it away two weeks ago. They are known to pop up on ebay for around $20US dollars. 7" Lilliput fits quite nicely in stock 2din opening without major modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracos
        Where I live there is a Ford and Vauxhall only scrappy - and they may just have a bezel in want me to take a look?

I was gonna go down and have a look in there soon anyways.
        Thanks Dracos,

You can check for me, but I am sure it is not standard issue on the UK models hence the US ones.

Please feel free, if you want to take a picture and mail it to me then wicked... u never know, they may have done a double-din style panel in the uk... but knowing Vx... they wont've!

Anyways, anyone know if the travla is gonna fit?

Cheers

Chewiee

VW Mk2 Golf GTI 16V:
        Kenwood KDC-W6527 HU
        256MB, VIA Epia MII 12000, Carnetix 60W, Xenarc VGA/Composite TS and a GPS Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by chewiee
          Thanks Dracos,

Anyways, anyone know if the travla is gonna fit?

Cheers

Chewiee
          I can't help you with locating the radio surround...as I have been looking for a non-woodgrain one for quite some time, myself - but I'm not too sure they made one that was not woodgrain.

If you know the dimensions for the travla, I would be happy to measure inside my dash the next time I take the dash apart in my '01 Rodeo. It should happen soon, too...because I need to adjust the screen a little. The dash is incredibly deep, but the only problem is that all of the a/c ducting is incredibly large and there are metal support posts that run all along the inside of the dash where the radio is....this is what kept me from being able to fit my small computer case inside there. I'm pretty sure that a travla case should fit in there, because it is only slightly larger than a normal din sized radio, isn't it?

Good luck,

Matt
          2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by sheerdark
            I can't help you with locating the radio surround...as I have been looking for a non-woodgrain one for quite some time, myself - but I'm not too sure they made one that was not woodgrain.
            Yes, they make non-woodgrain radio surround. I had one and "upgraded" to woodgrain one from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by mi800
              Yes, they make non-woodgrain radio surround. I had one and "upgraded" to woodgrain one from ebay.
              cool...I just wasn't sure. I've been looking on Ebay for one for awhile, but haven't been able to find one. Isn't the 98 different from the 01?
              2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by sheerdark
                cool...I just wasn't sure. I've been looking on Ebay for one for awhile, but haven't been able to find one. Isn't the 98 different from the 01?
                No, woodgrain from 01 fit nicely on my 98. There was ash tray light on 01 but 98 didn't have one. I kept black palstic one with intention of selling but threw it away. Too much work to earn around $20.

Also Lilliput flushed in stock position is not the best place to put on.
                Glare during day time renders Lilliput unreadable. I'm gonna get motorized one from my buddy in korea and have the screen perpendicular to my eye sight(instant yet effective solution).

Comment

Originally posted by mi800
                  No, woodgrain from 01 fit nicely on my 98. There was ash tray light on 01 but 98 didn't have one. I kept black palstic one with intention of selling but threw it away. Too much work to earn around $20.

Also Lilliput flushed in stock position is not the best place to put on.
                  Glare during day time renders Lilliput unreadable. I'm gonna get motorized one from my buddy in korea and have the screen perpendicular to my eye sight(instant yet effective solution).
                  Well, I know the exterior of the 98 and the 01 are pretty different, so I assumed the dash was, too. I have to warn you against an in-dash motorized screen that is adjustable.....now you may have better results than me....but when I used one in my car, it never stayed still. It was 100% unreadable because of it moving so much, so I will take glare on my screen anyday versus a screen that bounces incessantly - just something to think about...I had to get rid of my old screen because I just couldn't put up with it anymore. Seeing that the Rodeo is really a SUV built upon a truck chasis....as well as having some of the suckiest shocks I have ever experienced....are two factors that really make for a bumpy ride. Bumpy rides are not fun with screens that are not 100% adhered to the car in some way.
                  2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Fitting a Touchscreen in an Isuzu Amigo/Rodeo

I am going down the fiberglass route hopefully, as I am planning to have my screen on my dash, as opposed to indash, as I want it at eye height.

I have no fb experience, so I am getting a local car shop to do it for me... they said they can paint it the same as the dash too.

So if anyone knows of a place I can get the panel in black not wood grain, that'd be great. I am looking to have a lot of chrome and alluminium in the interior, as faux wood looks a little to faux for me

I've had a look on ebay, and I've not found one today. I'll keep looking though... but if any of you guys are in a junk yard etc, could you take a look and I'll paypal the money for it and delivery to the uK if you can get me one.

Sweet!

Chewiee

VW Mk2 Golf GTI 16V:
                    Kenwood KDC-W6527 HU

Comment

Originally posted by chewiee View Post
                      I am going down the fiberglass route hopefully, as I am planning to have my screen on my dash, as opposed to indash, as I want it at eye height.

I have no fb experience, so I am getting a local car shop to do it for me... they said they can paint it the same as the dash too.

So if anyone knows of a place I can get the panel in black not wood grain, that'd be great. I am looking to have a lot of chrome and alluminium in the interior, as faux wood looks a little to faux for me

I've had a look on ebay, and I've not found one today. I'll keep looking though... but if any of you guys are in a junk yard etc, could you take a look and I'll paypal the money for it and delivery to the uK if you can get me one.

Sweet!

Chewiee
                      Hi

i have the same model as you RS frontera
                      And am about to kit it out with new single CD player new powerful door speakers and subs in boot with amps. any idea if i will have problems with the old wiring from the stereo

Adam

Comment

Working...
                      X