Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress....Dodge Ram in dash Lilliput

Current progress.....

Thanks to everyone for their ideas that made this possible.
    Attached Files

work looks sweet so far....keep us updated
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

Comment

yeah it's looking good ... keep us posted and show us your progress... great work.

Comment

Test coat of primer. Just wanted to see exactly how much more sanding I need to do. I also wanted a better idea of what it is going to look like. As you can see.......lots of sanding left.
        Attached Files

Comment

Crap.....I primered the GT 500.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman
            Crap.....I primered the GT 500.
            hahaha...LoL ... Are you sanding with a dremel or just a sand block?

Comment

I did the corners and buttons with a dremel. I also used it for rough shaping. Everything else is by hand with the foam type sandpaper. It's about 1/4" thick so I don't use a block. Too many hard spots for a block. Just slow and eyeball it a little at a time. I only have about 4 hours into it so far. I figure I have a couple of hours left not counting the re-install.

Comment

Well I think I am almost there. I don't like the finish though because it is too shiny. I love the texture.....if it was only ultra flat.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks really good - keep at it and keep the pictures coming.
                  PC progress:
                  {++++++-----} About 60% done. Got the computer all hooked up - So far:
                  160 GB hard drive, AMD 64 Processor, MSI K8T NEO Motherboard (w/ 5.1 channel audio)....next is custom case and touchscreen and LOTS of wires..

Comment

Looks good. What do you plan on doing with the temperature controls? I've got the same truck. I'm not using a headunit. I placed the screen where the OEM HU was. I cut the temperature controller section and re-epoxied it on the bottom where the holder thing goes. I'll post pics soon.
                    Installation Complete, pics soon

EPIA M10000 in Morex 3688 case
                    FrodoPlayer
                    CoPilot Live 8

Back from long hiatus, will be rebuilding soon

Comment

I'm tellin ya. plasti-kote flat black looks awesome. Has a nice texture and isn't that artificial shiny at all.
                      AutoPC: M10k, WinXP, gps, wifi, 80GB HD, dvd-RW. SB mp3+
                      MediaEngine front end, map monkey, netstumbler.
                      gps mouse is on the fritz.....stupid technology

Comment

Got some bumper trim paint, fiberglass resin, and a couple of yards of fleece today. I'm off the next 2 days. Gonna finish the bezel first and start on a fiberglass center console to mount the AC and seat heat controls. I'm also gonna put my DVD drive in there.
                        Hopefully have more pics tomorrow.....maybe even partially installed.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Warning!!!! Do not use the Duplicolor flexible bumper trim paint. It is still too shiny. Also if you have to take it off it sucks. Had to use brake cleaner to get the stuff off because as the can says it is flexible. Which means it stays very soft and when you try to take it off it is very sticky. So I am back to sanding and primer.

Comment

that sucks. did you get the flat black? I thought it was pretty good.
                            AutoPC: M10k, WinXP, gps, wifi, 80GB HD, dvd-RW. SB mp3+
                            MediaEngine front end, map monkey, netstumbler.
                            gps mouse is on the fritz.....stupid technology

Comment

Yeah...still just too shiny.

Comment

Working...
                              X