LCD Placement idea for cougar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Placement idea for cougar

I'm getting ready to start my fabrication/install process. Just curious if any cougar owners (or anyone for that matter) has an opinion on the placement of my screen. Attached is a picture of my car's interior. I want to move the heater controls(the yellow arrow) down to where the radio currently is, and put the 7" screen in its' place. There's room, but there's a 2" lip that sticks out.

I want to put it here because it's a little easier to read when it's eye level. I find the current radio placement too low. I would just like some ideas before I start the work. It's a big job, and I can't really picture what it'll look like until it's done. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    MyMedia Website

Werd up fellow cougar brother.

Good luck in that location. It will get alot of sunlight their although it is the bes location. If you have good fabrication skills i would say go for it. i attached a pic of mine.

Let me know any questions.

There are a few other cougar owners here although i was the first
    Attached Files
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

After taking apart the dash and making cardboard templates and measuring, I think I'll do what you and Savante did. There's just no room (atached pic). I just despise that location. I used to have a clarion flip up lcd (The vrx-xx71, i don't remember), and It was a pain to drive( I have a stick....no room). Although this will be flush mounted, It's just too low for my tastes. Have you had any problems in that location?
      Attached Files
      MyMedia Website

Comment

Hey man, I used to have a Cougar until somebody decided to run a red light and take it away from me (not that I am bitter since I have an RX-8 now) Take a look at my setup below.

I loved this car!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Shame about your old car Bluegrim but as you said you got an RX8 now!

you had a real nice setup there so you have to better in the RX8!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueGrimRX8
            Hey man, I used to have a Cougar until somebody decided to run a red light and take it away from me (not that I am bitter since I have an RX-8 now) Take a look at my setup below.

I loved this car!!
            Nice Idea for that locatoin all though the fabrication work needed a little bit more finishing work
            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

that screen setup looks pretty good antimatter

Comment

The fabrication in mine needed more finishing work....little confused on your comment...
                That screen looked like it came in the car, pic is kinda bad though.

And yes I will be bettering it in my rx8!!

Comment

sorry to be a hater here but a third gen mazda RX7 can take an 8.

anyway back on topic.
                  id think that putting it where youd like to would need alot of fab work and might not be worth it.

Comment

Draxin, you're right. It wasn't worth it. I went ahead and put it where the stock radio was. So, the fabrication and paint is completed. Just working on the final details. It does take time to get used to not having buttons to change songs,volume,etc.
                    MyMedia Website

Comment

WOOHOO! Another cougar owner.

I have a 99 atx I am currently converting to mtx from a donor 98 tour se.

I think you should mold the screen where the 2 center vents are, but not like the one above. The screen going into the dash is dumb. Do it like the pick in the next post.
                      Proudly Sponsored by:

Krazy Kustomz
                      BNM Performance
                      Trubendz
                      Hollywood Sounds

Comment

http://www.teamneco.com/carbon/DSC03699.JPG

http://www.teamneco.com/carbon/DSC03703.JPG

http://www.teamneco.com/carbon/DSC03701.JPG
                        Proudly Sponsored by:

Krazy Kustomz
                        BNM Performance
                        Trubendz
                        Hollywood Sounds

Comment

woohoo bashed twice in a thread glad to see its a great community around here....

Comment

Working...
                          X