• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flush mounting slot loading drive

hi guys, looking for some guidance

I have an NEC slot load drive and the USB powered enclosure :

http://www.centrix-intl.com/details....6zxxzEX-BLK-01

I want the drive in my dash, but was wondering how to do it so I can still remove the drive if it ever fails. The enclosure secures the drive by snapping together and two screws go through the back securing the USB PCB. This means the drive is locked into the enclosure through the bottom and top snapping together. If I attach the enclosure to my dash I won't be able to open the encosure again should the drive fail and I'd have to rip it out and fixup the dash.

Anyone done this already with ideas? I thought about putting a slot into the dash and having the enclosure sit behind it with actually being attached but have no idea how to make a clean slot in ABS.
    Cheers,
    Grant
    '03 Corvette Z06 - car pc soon
    '99 Eclipse GSX
    '03 Ducati Monster

R/A, do you have a slot load or a slim line drive? I kinda confused, the link is for a slimline device (LAPTOP) but you say you have slot load

or am I just

Comment

Originally posted by Dudes99
      R/A, do you have a slot load or a slim line drive? I kinda confused, the link is for a slimline device (LAPTOP) but you say you have slot load

or am I just
      Those two terms are not mutually-exclusive.
      www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

Its a slotload drive in a slimline enclosure, the item you see in the link is just selling the enclosure, but they show a tray drive in there. I have a slot load drive and the slimline enclosure
        Cheers,
        Grant
        '03 Corvette Z06 - car pc soon
        '99 Eclipse GSX
        '03 Ducati Monster

Comment

I'd remove the electronics from the enclosure, and mount your drive on some fabricated rails. Or maybe just use part of the enclosure so its more accessible?
          Fabricator

Comment

Working...
          X