Were can I put screen??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were can I put screen??

I am thinking about getting a vectra c, but were can I put my 7'' lilliput?
    I would appreciate people’s ideas.

I would prefer to fix the screen in permanently, but the only place I can see for the screen is were the stock radio is.

Anyone else done an install into a vectra c?

Here ya go
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

where the radio is man!!! rip that **** out!
      Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

Not a good choice of question
        EPIA MII: 512m Ram: LinITX 8" Touch Screen: Carnetix P1290 PSU: 802b PCMCIA Wireless card: Slot DVD Player: Touchpad: Wireless Keyboard: BU303 GPS Mouse:
        Win 2000: RoadRunner Front End: Michelin Mapstore GPS: Netstumbler:

Comment

why the hell u wana buy a vectra for, u got a bimma :?
          CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

MatrixPC....I dont know why people get so upset, about others asking for opinions!! For god sake I did only ask for opinions, I didnt ask to be told to search!
            maybe you can tell me what is wrong in asking opinions?

Motoko...
            as for getting a vectra, reason is, cost, i need to save money, selling bm and getting cheaper car seems like a good way of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by mick-uk
              MatrixPC....I dont know why people get so upset, about others asking for opinions!! For god sake I did only ask for opinions, I didnt ask to be told to search!

Motoko...
              as for getting a vectra, reason is, cost, i need to save money, selling bm and getting cheaper car seems like a good way of doing it.
              need to save money, dont build a car pc they cost bundles! and you get addicted too ive been building for 8 years it hurts!!
              Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Is replacing the stock head unit an option?
                Prob a good idea as vauxhall will sell a blank for other HUs which would be a great start to any fabrication project.

As for saving money, find another way, don't sell the bimmer. Sell somehting else, like your *** for crack. Then you culd sell the crack for cash. Problem solved.
                Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : £137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : £49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: £128 + 7” Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: £173.90 + 2.5” 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : £53.95

Comment

Motoko...
                  Not a problem for me but other take offence about asking opinions like this posted a couple of days ago
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40045
                  EPIA MII: 512m Ram: LinITX 8" Touch Screen: Carnetix P1290 PSU: 802b PCMCIA Wireless card: Slot DVD Player: Touchpad: Wireless Keyboard: BU303 GPS Mouse:
                  Win 2000: RoadRunner Front End: Michelin Mapstore GPS: Netstumbler:

Comment

[QUOTE-old_lou]Not a good choice of question[/QUOTE]
                    I'm really not going to tell you to shove the screen up your ***.
                    Although that might be absolutely hilarious.

Seriously, though. It's your ride. You design it the way it works for you the best. My beef is that people want to come here and get everyone else's ideas about what will work with their ride. To me, that just seems lazy and a bit on the pathetic side.

And you need to search, as a n00b. Answers to your questions are here, with the possible exception of those pertaining to your aesthetic design.
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

If I said, but the screen in the trunk, you wouldn't take that. Right?
                      There is obviously only 1 place you can put the LCD on that dash, the Radio openning.
                      If you was asking that you want to put the LCD where the radio is, you would get better idea/howto responses.
                      I did ask the same question before, and no one answer my question. But my question is a little more specific that yours.
                      So relax get a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy yourself while thinking of you gona rip out that radio.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                      X