2 questions....help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions....help!

aight so today i put my mod'd xbox in my car (civic 2 dr) and placed it under my driver side seat, it works great, even though i have to turn it on everytime i crank the car. But i am using it for a media engine and would like to use my remote more than a controler, it is easier to use with one hand. so i am thinking about placing it under the glove box making a bracket for it. Similar to this http://caraudiomag.com/technical/0305cae_swap/

where can i find the metal brace thing? Home Depot? if so what is it called, i have used the stuff b4 it is just like bendy metal strips, but my friend gave them to me and he doesnt know what it is called or where he go them

Second question;
    i am looking to install a fake alarm led, my image is to have an led turn on when the car is off to blink like an alarm, i purchased a set of street glow blue led at the store the other day cause they were on sale, and i came up with the idea, but i have no clue on how to wire them them so they blink when the car is off and turn off when the car is on.

Any help with either is really appreciated, thank you in advance!

Looks to me like a galvanized steel hanger strap. Should be able to get it from any hardware/plumbing store.
    Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

Opps! Forgot your second question. You can search for something like a "555 timer led blinker schematic" or I've seen several of those fake alarm blinkers in most auto parts stores. You could get one of those and swap out the LED and remount it anywhere you like.
      Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

The bracket could be made with a number of materials. Take a walk through Home Depot sometime and get creative. the bracket they are using is commonly called "Plumbers Tape" or "Strapping Tape" and can be found in various gauges (thickness). Another idea may be to implement some 'L' brackets like Home Depot's item #830075 (enter that item number at http://www.homedepot.com) or something similar. Hope this helps

Comment

awesome, thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X