Custom Fabrication Work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Fabrication Work?

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a place that does custom fabrication work? Everyday more and more I think of doing my system indash, but I really lack the ability to do this stuff. Is there any place that I could say send in dash board (I'de just buy a replacement one) and my lcd screen and somespecs and theyde do it? Or better yet someplace I could go speak with someone? Thanks in advance, I know its crazy, but I'm really no good at fabrication. heh.

-matt

ps- I'm running a 1989 Ford Bronco II.

I thought I would be terrible with fabrication but it came out great. Buy an extra dash piece if you are afraid to work with the original. It is a lot easier than it looks.

Comment

I'm always looking for a little fabrication work to do for people, throw me a PM
      CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Yellow Pages for Fabrication work.

See title.

Comment

it's honnestly not that hard!

try it on something other than your car first and you will be amazed at how simple it is.

=]

otherwise, if you REALLY want to pay someone, let me know what you want done

=]

otherwise, go to a local stereo shop. you will be charged out the *** for it, but it will be done by someone who should have some experience.....and it's that experience that you are paying for.....that and the time, because fabrication isn't exactly a quick thing...lol
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

he msg'd me last night and seems interested, so you guys go away!

Comment

suuuuuuure

you have fun with that then.....

=]
              Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Hahah !
                Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                Via EPIA MII
                512MB RAM
                OEM GPS (embedded)
                nLite WinXP pro on
                1GB Extreme III CF card
                Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

!

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                  suuuuuuure

you have fun with that then.....

=]
                  i will! well it may not be fun, but its work

IntellaWorks: I've noticed you always put a . in the title of every message you post...why is this? just so we'll know its you? I'm gonna start putting a !

Comment

ok if its so easy, how in the hell do i manage a lilliput in a dash like this?
                    Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Simple! Well not really, it can be done with a little work. Remove the headunit. Move the heating controls down, you may have to trim some of the extra plastic on the right. Then you should have enough room for the lilli.
                      Installed
                      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                        it's honnestly not that hard!

try it on something other than your car first and you will be amazed at how simple it is.

=]

otherwise, if you REALLY want to pay someone, let me know what you want done

=]

otherwise, go to a local stereo shop. you will be charged out the *** for it, but it will be done by someone who should have some experience.....and it's that experience that you are paying for.....that and the time, because fabrication isn't exactly a quick thing...lol

PMed ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
                          Simple! Well not really, it can be done with a little work. Remove the headunit. Move the heating controls down, you may have to trim some of the extra plastic on the right. Then you should have enough room for the lilli.
                          what he said...it's really not too bad, you would just have to add your own "plastic" (bondo) in areas that needed it and trim that AC unit if you could. it would just be a lot of work is all. I'm not a fan of flip out screens, but I think in this case, it would be much easier to just get a flip out screen from digitalww.com and put it where the stock headunit is.

Comment

Originally posted by comcf
                            PMed ya!
                            she's from texas, it's too cold to do that kind of stuff
                            i kid, i kid. it's pretty cold here in arkansas too, currently 40-45 degrees, and I have to do all my bondo work in the garage where it's warm. but I can't paint in the garage, and it's been rainy lately =\

Comment

heh - that's the beautiful thing about garages....get a heater and you are all good to go! it doesn't get that cold down here - 46 currently - with 50 being the high for the next few days.....I should be able to do the work, just need to finish my stuff then I will be able to take on other custom work....I got your PMs comcf.....just need to have the chance to sit down and give them some thought, which should be later tonight if not first thing tomorrow morning

=]
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X