How do you duplicate textures?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you duplicate textures?

I would like to modify my GM bezel, and I can't think of a way to duplicate the somewhat "wrinkled" finish it has. If I can't, I'd be forced to sand the whole thing smooth, and that might not look so good.

Maybe try making a latex cast of parts of the original dash and then use some kind of rubberised paint and press the latex texture casts into it to give it a texture while its tacky.

Comment

I was thinking some kind of cast as well, but lack the experience to do so.

Comment

you can use stone creations spray. it is textured, and if you hold it farther away, it will produce a slighter texture, then primer and paint with vinyl spraypaint.

Comment

Good idea welthga, I'll try it out. If nothing else, I guess I could carve a similar texture out of the filler itself.

Comment

3M also makes texture sprays, I intend on useing them on my center console for my truck.
            Nate
            I know what yer thinkin...did he fire six shots or only five...

Comment

Got a link kozmo?

Comment

use some silicone to make a cast of some of the texture. Once its dried peel it off and back the template with some wood. then use that peice to stamp on some texture

Comment

^^ daddy likes, and in the same realm of Scouse's thinking.

Comment

Click on the link in my sig... I used a texture spray on my dash piece.
                    Tidder

Try RevFE
                    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                    X