A quick question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question...

I just finished with the bondo and filling the pin holes last night. It's looking great, thanks to everyone's tips and alot of patience. My only questions is do I wash the bondo before priming? I finished sanding with 1000 grit and I'm not sure if I should get it wet.

Thanks

It's always good to wash/clean the part from finger oil, grease, dust and all other $hit. Get a primer can and read the label for instruction. But usually it will said "Clean it"
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Its not that imparitive that you clean it prior to priming. Paint, however, is a different story. If you dont degrease prior to paint the finish will look like a golf ball. Primer wont matter because you can sand the primer. You dont need to wet sand the bondo. You dont even need to wet sand the primer unless your going for a perfectly smooth serface like the body of your car. Dashes generally have a rough serface to them so you wouldnt want to wet sand it, unless your going for that look.
      2.4 celeron
      150 watt OPUS
      micro atx
      xp pro
      tv/radio tuner card
      audigy
      Dual monitor Radeon
      802.11G Mimo
      xm pcr
      dvd
      gps
      8" Lilliput touch screen
      IGuidance
      dual optimas
      battery isolator
      15" screen
      My Truck

Comment

Originally posted by n8scstm
        Its not that imparitive that you clean it prior to priming. Paint, however, is a different story. If you dont degrease prior to paint the finish will look like a golf ball. Primer wont matter because you can sand the primer. You dont need to wet sand the bondo. You dont even need to wet sand the primer unless your going for a perfectly smooth serface like the body of your car. Dashes generally have a rough serface to them so you wouldnt want to wet sand it, unless your going for that look.

Thanks!!!

Comment

1000 grit is way too fine for filler. Work filler with 36-220 grit, primer with 180 - 500 grit, and anything finer that that I just use for color-sanding and buffing paint. Remember primer and paint fill sandscratches, They need to be there for adhesion.
          Fabricator

Comment

alcohol pads....wipe it down with alcohol pads and you should be ready to prime!

that and what altimat said is very true as well!
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

yeah i should have mentioned that as well. Before you prime, rough it up with some 220. Then youll be ready to go.
              2.4 celeron
              150 watt OPUS
              micro atx
              xp pro
              tv/radio tuner card
              audigy
              Dual monitor Radeon
              802.11G Mimo
              xm pcr
              dvd
              gps
              8" Lilliput touch screen