Moving a Pug 306 stereo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a Pug 306 stereo

Yay, i have no reason to post this other than the fact that it's the first physical car mod i've done other than drill my pedals to add anodised ones in my old car.
    so bleh.. i've moved the head unit a bit:

[IMG]http://caitlin.kicks-***.org/img/dash.jpg[/IMG]
    Cat
    Woot, or something.
    Epia M10000 (less rubbish than the 800) :: LCD touchscreen
    GPS :: 80G drive :: Not enough ram... Never enough..

Too &^%$ing clever for me! ;-) I decided to lose the stereo and the dash!

Comment

Heh, I've got to do something clever with the air-con ducting yet... there's *no* way the leads will hook into the back of that P

The *real* ***** is that now I have no place to keep my lip balm and my mobile :P (glove box'll have to do from now on)
      Cat
      Woot, or something.

Comment

They should route behind it with some extension!!! I'm trying to mount the mobo in the dash at the moment .... had to hack half the mounts away behind the dash to get the screen to fit.

Don't you have door pockets for the lip balm/mobile??? I reckon you should build a lip balm and moby holder into the new dash piece! :-)

Comment

Looks crap Caitlin. Rip it out and do it again! hehehe

Comment

hows yours looking then? hmm? :P
            Cat
            Woot, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin
              hows yours looking then? hmm? :P
              damn sight better than that load of rubbish!

(i was expecting the 'face' comment when i saw you had replied!!!!)

Actually - i am really not looking forward to doing anything on my dash!

Really good place for the HU Cat - its gonna look sweet when you get rid of the vents and get it lower. unfortunately i dont have the room down there because oy my stupid keypad. Bugger.

Comment

Well, here's my dash, waiting for the indash screen that I've not yet ordered 'cause I have no bloody money:
                [IMG]http://caitlin.kicks-***.org/img/almost-finished.jpg[/IMG]

Any suggestions on methods of hiding all this crap? Cut the carpet, put it under and restitch? I just have no idea.....
                [IMG]http://caitlin.kicks-***.org/img/wires.jpg[/IMG]

/me roots under the sofa trying to scrape 71 together to get the indash.
                Cat
                Woot, or something.

Comment

Just taken the 'L' plates off huh :-) Either under the carpet or get some black cable tidy stuff from Ikea or similar which is black tubing to hide cables in.

Will post piccies of my screen in dash soon :-)

Which mobo did you go with??

Comment

yeah, with the carpet being in two separate pieces, remove the rear rubber door seals and it comes out quite easily. You'll have to take out the front seats too get the whole thing out but its worth it.

Is that a 306 meridian? (EDIT: just realised its in your sig!) its very nice.
                    My 306 is bare metal inside atm, totally stripped out, so if you need any pics of layout/cable runs let me know. There is a great way of running the cables to the boot with the factory ones but its quite long winded!

I love these cars, they rock! and nice work with the stereo install.
                    Peugeot 306 - 1994 chassis with 1998 engine, electronics and leather interior. Full phase 2 conversion.

Have: Intel 'Seabreeze' D845GVSRL Motherboard, Celeron 2.0GHz, 512MB DDR
                    Next: Motorised VGA Touchscreen (end feb woohoo!)

Comment

Damn so many Peugeot owners here and NO Renault happy drivers? I wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by GuiltyLionel
                        Is that a 306 meridian? (EDIT: just realised its in your sig!) its very nice.
                        My 306 is bare metal inside atm, totally stripped out, so if you need any pics of layout/cable runs let me know. There is a great way of running the cables to the boot with the factory ones but its quite long winded!
                        Geezer - post any pics you have and any diagrams etc. My dash is looking pretty much like that too - except i have no top vents as i took em out to allow me to look inside better. (but they are going back in)

Originally posted by GuiltyLionel
                        I love these cars, they rock! and nice work with the stereo install.
                        I hate them - spent far too long lying in the road under mine replacing the suspension - not the cars fault though i supose.

I notice you have a 1.6 too, do you get a load of water vapour out of the exhaust during the 1st few minutes (esp. when you put your foot down!) - i have a full rad of water so i know its just comeing from combustion but its a bit worrying. Might fit my spare exhaust this weekend when i change the damn front subframe - don't ask! (pug + curb at 20-30mph = ****ed!)

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                          Just taken the 'L' plates off huh
                          that confused me for a while then i saw them int he pic!

You are brave letting someone learn in your pride and joy! for a start i would neve rput those bloody magnetic 'L' plates on - that damn french paint will probably come off with them due to the mettalic particles having more magnetic attraction than the paint does to the body!

Comment

You seem to have an attraction to curbs Scouse!!! :-)

Fabbed Screen gone in this afternoon ... wahey ... decided I need to change the colour of it though to fit in better with the dash - the fascia is too reflective at the moment.

Just got to suss out the audio now, have decided to put the EPIA in the boot at the mo attached to the side of the boot on the passenger side with cables running down the left side of the car (ease to get to) and its where the EPIA will be.

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                              You seem to have an attraction to curbs Scouse!!! :-)
                              yeah flaming tell me about it! The one time i touch a curb it writes my car off! I hate people who grind up againt curbs when parking - does my nut - do these people have no idea how to park or any desire to keep their wheel trims or alloys in good condition?????

Can't wait to see the dash...get it done....

Comment

Working...
                              X