Can u make a Bent PCB???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can u make a Bent PCB???

For a little idea of mine just wondering if u can make a PCB Bent, Not bent when made but before???
    Like before u print track and fit leds, resistors ,Caps and such like??
    Cheers All
    Still Planning and Scavenging Parts ------Software-----and anything else i can lay my hands on!!! :)

Acquired a Toshiba Satelite 4000CDT
    HDD`s ****ed new one on way! 30gb Toshiba.

you would need to have it made custom some where as the mica used will not bend. It will work if you can find a place to make it for you.
    now working on my Dodge Dak
    toshiba portege == done
    audigy2 NX == done
    7" flush mount == 0%
    pimp rating == 48%

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply.
      Are custom mad ePCB`s expensive, its only gonna be a small board, very simple hopefully, 12 Leds, couple of resistors and maybe a capacitor.
      Still Planning and Scavenging Parts ------Software-----and anything else i can lay my hands on!!! :)

Acquired a Toshiba Satelite 4000CDT
      HDD`s ****ed new one on way! 30gb Toshiba.

Comment

cant you use two with a link cable and join them in a bent shape?
        Cat
        Woot, or something.
        Epia M10000 (less rubbish than the 800) :: LCD touchscreen
        GPS :: 80G drive :: Not enough ram... Never enough..

Comment

PCBs are fibreglass so technically any shape is possible. But you would have to apply the copper cladding to an already curved piece of fibreglass.

Best way it to use two boards as the Cat suggests and use ribbon cables.

Comment

There is a such thing as a flex board. The PCB resembles a ribbon cable. There is NO point in going through that expense for this though.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbravo
              Ok, thanks for the reply.
              Are custom mad ePCB`s expensive, its only gonna be a small board, very simple hopefully, 12 Leds, couple of resistors and maybe a capacitor.
              For something that simple, you don't really need a PCB. Cut/bend a piece of acrylic into your desired shape, drill mounting holes for your components, and just connect them with wire.

A small cheap basic PCB costs around $40 in single quantity. I've never seen non-flat PCB outfits, but I can't imagine it's cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by mushin
                For something that simple, you don't really need a PCB. Cut/bend a piece of acrylic into your desired shape, drill mounting holes for your components, and just connect them with wire.

A small cheap basic PCB costs around $40 in single quantity. I've never seen non-flat PCB outfits, but I can't imagine it's cheap.
                You will never achieve a good pattern with acrylic
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I think he's not suggesting using acrylic and trying to etch a board. Just bend it to shape and use hook up wire to connect the components.
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

acrylic will melt when you are soldering the wires to the legs and the components will end up all loose.

Comment

I would just use several small peices of pcb to put the legs of the led's and what not threw solder wires all together then just epoxy the pcb that is on the bottom of the led and glue it to what ever u decide to use for your curved surface.

Comment

Idea

You can solder the led legs at the tip and bend them in which direction you want to should sole the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X