03-05 Accord 7" Mold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03-05 Accord 7" Mold

so I had this thread in the newbie lounge, but I figured there is more traffic in here and I have a pic of the progress. I figured out that the 7" lilliput will barely fit with about 1/16" of an inch on top and below the screen. So here it is just sitting ever so sexy in my extra bezel. Little bit of my good ol' friends: JB Weld, Bondo, and Bondo Glass.

The circles on each side are for the air temp and speed, and the center hole is for the volume for the OEM HU. Since the OEM HU is going bye-bye, I most likely will fill that in and just make it bare.

Things aren't going so bad for the first attempt ever at this. My buddy (who I do most of my car work with) and I are having a great time with this after only a few hours. So far, what do you guys think?

Molded Screen:
    [++++++----] 60%
    DVD & Rest of audio:
    [++++++----] 60%

2004 Accord Coupe, Satin Silver K24 5 Speed powa!

7" Lilliput Screen, non touch with lots of Bondo
    NTB DVD player or put XBOX in car

My 04 Accord Picture Thread

Awesome works, looks good to me.

Although I do have a suggestion. Rather than taking out the middle circle, find out the schematic for the switch and possibly use it to control something for the car puter, such as power and its volume.
    06' BMW 330i
    SG|Beige Dakota|Poplar|iDrive w/MP3|PP|SP|CWP|PDC|Comfort|Shades|40% Tint

Comment

Thats very nice!!

Comment

LOOKS AWSOME! keep it up woot woot

Comment

Center hole would be great for a powermate.
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
            Center hole would be great for a powermate.
            Or the Phidgets rotary encoder. Don't dismiss that opening so quickly.

Comment

nice job i am acctually doing the same thing in a few months. by the way what kind of screen are you using?

Comment

Are you going to put anything into the blank spaces on either side of the LCD - like LEDs, switches, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by 98EXL
                  So far, what do you guys think?
                  Awesome JOB!! I couldn't let myself experiment with the center console like that ... I have to give it to you. Now that you got rid of the cd-changer, are you going to install a deck in the cd-holder on the bottom?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I hate to let everyone down (at least for now) but I'm not doing a carputer. Just a plain boring old DVD setup.

I have come into a few minor roadbocks in the process. I just can't understand Honda's thinking behind how they set this cluster up. The CC connectors are on top of the cluster, and the radio is down below, near the CC?????

Hopefully this will all work out. It is going to be very tight, but who knows, I'm going to make it fit.

Two questions, what is the powermate, and the rotary commander? Sounds cool though. If this project goes great, I will be using a 7" lilliput touch screen instead of the 7" regualr screen from lilliput.

Thanks for the comments so far guys, expect an update Mon or Tuesday. I am also not planning on putting any LEDs or switches, going full OEM!

Oh, calvincbr, I scored a free bezel from the dealer when I bought the car. My advice to you is spend $40-$70 on a entire HU from eBay, and experiment with that
                    Molded Screen:
                    [++++++----] 60%
                    DVD & Rest of audio:
                    [++++++----] 60%

Comment

Scored a free bezel? Was that part of the buying agreement?
                      06' BMW 330i

Comment

Originally posted by integramodder
                        Scored a free bezel? Was that part of the buying agreement?
                        yes sir it was
                        Molded Screen:
                        [++++++----] 60%
                        DVD & Rest of audio:
                        [++++++----] 60%

Comment

Yea, I did the same thing except I got them to give me an essentially free factory body kit ($100 when retail is $1200).
                          06' BMW 330i

Comment

Originally posted by integramodder
                            Yea, I did the same thing except I got them to give me an essentially free factory body kit ($100 when retail is $1200).
                            the GSR kit? That kist is sooooo sexy on the IT
                            Molded Screen:
                            [++++++----] 60%
                            DVD & Rest of audio:
                            [++++++----] 60%

Comment

Originally posted by 98EXL
                              Two questions, what is the powermate, and the rotary commander? Sounds cool though.
                              Both are rotary input devices for PCs. Think of the BMW I-Drive/Audi MMI control. Or even simpler, a rotary volume control. The Powermate is a final product while the Phidgets unit is more bare-bones for customizing.

Powermate: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/
                              Phidgets Rotary Encoder: http://www.phidgets.com/index.php?mo...7.17.90&IID=62

Comment

Working...
                              X