Need ideas for mac mini install!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ideas for mac mini install!

So here are some pics of my car with the mini and screen just hangin' around.
    My favorite idea is probably the most difficult, and that is to remove the black casing in the compartment where the mac mini is, and flush mount somehow a usb hub about where the power plug is, have the stereo just above that, and the touchscreen where the double din is. I could maybe also fit the mac mini in there.
    I am interested in any thoughts ideas or opinions, that dont require too much hacking up the dash or relocating any of the controls for heat/ac.

Thanks! and heres to getting started!
    Attached Files
    Carputer status: [-*---------]
    Im thinking laptop...

you use a mac and drive a honda? you are truly the king of crap

edit: quite sry, im not in the best of moods

Comment

Oh yea... I'd also like to keep the head unit...and make the mac mini removeable. The screen can be permanently in place or on an arm or whatever. My friend suggested a pull out platform that swivels out and up. That would be cool too.
      Im thinking laptop...

Comment

keep your bs opinions to yourself. I dont give a hoot what you think... Im only 22 and Ive gone through three fords. This car is the best Ive ever driven... by far. You get that ford and then youll know...loser
        Im thinking laptop...

Comment

I also have three pc's... and all are very high maintanence just like a FORD! The mac mini is perfect for a carpc. A ford is perfect for a junkyard!
          Im thinking laptop...

Comment

loose the HU and put the screen there, set up your mac in the lower compartment in front of the shifter. then use an amp to power your speakers, or put the HU somewhere else

Comment

put the mac mini in the space directly below the HU and then merge the monitor enclosure into the black bezel that surrounds the 2 din space. leave a bit less than half of the mini showing (the cd slot and not much more) above the monitor and smooth it out with glass bondo.

Comment

Hey Shizzle

Wjhats the mini mac like? Looks the bomb and was thinking about buying one but the audio output wasnt good enuff for me to have in the car. Bought a mini itx board now and an Audigy2 s/c

So wots it like?? tbh.. still tempted to buy one anyway!!

Baz

Comment

The sound is great from the mac mini. I have yet to put it in my car, but for my everyday listening it is no worse than my audigy 2 in my pc.

Originally posted by Pestilence
                  put the mac mini in the space directly below the HU and then merge the monitor enclosure into the black bezel that surrounds the 2 din space. leave a bit less than half of the mini showing (the cd slot and not much more) above the monitor and smooth it out with glass bondo.

could you be more elaborate please? I'm not sure i get what u mean there.
                  thanks guys!
                  Im thinking laptop...

Comment

hey shizzle i wouldnt mess with the mini mac it looks too good to even fab haha...

bout the fords i got a 94 ford it kicks *** no high maintanence crap with mine and it will smoke ur honda ;-) even with the weight! haha!!

i agree with HybridFox lose tha headunit!! or relocate it under the mini mac!

Comment

your explorer is gonna smoke his v6 accord?? Thats a damn riot....

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                        hey shizzle i wouldnt mess with the mini mac it looks too good to even fab haha...

bout the fords i got a 94 ford it kicks *** no high maintanence crap with mine and it will smoke ur honda ;-) even with the weight! haha!!

i agree with HybridFox lose tha headunit!! or relocate it under the mini mac!
                        Thanks for your input, I think I am gonna move the HU down.
                        My second vehicle was a 94 explorer, 5spd manual. Apparently the tranny was a mazda??? That and the crap factory HU were the only real issues with that one. My dad sold it after the second clutch.
                        Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by dave2
                          your explorer is gonna smoke his v6 accord?? Thats a damn riot....
                          yup it can smoke it v6 on v6 + i got madd weight and ill still outrun him haha

shizzle thas what happens when u roll stock :-D i got this used i swapped it out with a pioneer the same night i got it lol

Comment

bump... I am considering bondo-ing the lilliput in the double din area. (would require cutting the bottom of the black dash piece away) Anyone do this for money? I've read the sticky and several threads on the topic... does anyone recommend a good reference site for this?
                            Im thinking laptop...

Comment

talk to altimat hes really helpful

Comment

Working...
                              X