suggest an adhesive to bond metal frame of LCD to plexiglass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggest an adhesive to bond metal frame of LCD to plexiglass

I don't want to ruin either the faceplate plexiglass I'm making, nor the LCD screen. I need a strong bond that will hold up for years.

I read a thread about "superglue fog" and want to stay away from bad combinations like that.

someone recommended windshield adhesive. would that be the way to go? any other suggestions?

edit: ALSO, what is a good way to cut plexi/acrylic/lucite? I've tried using my dremel with cut-off wheels, but, it just kind of melts it and slings it everywhere and makes really rough cuts. I want to cut a "slit" above the LCD for my slot loader dvd drive.

Originally posted by mattress
    edit: ALSO, what is a good way to cut plexi/acrylic/lucite? I've tried using my dremel with cut-off wheels, but, it just kind of melts it and slings it everywhere and makes really rough cuts. I want to cut a "slit" above the LCD for my slot loader dvd drive.
    jig saw with a speed selector would work but one of the best ways would be a table saw with a plexi blade
    Aron
    New Ipad
    Zapco DSP-6SL
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
    Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

You could possibly use water as you are cutting to cool the plexi. We use a running water supply (tap with a flexy nozzle - nothing amazing) on the diamond wheel when cutting carbon fibre to keep the dust down and cool the blade.

As for the glue - best thing is to test some metal and plexi. Araldite (epoxy) may work but i am not sure with plexi. look at what people building plexi PC cases use.

Comment

Windshield adhesive, like ive told you a MIlllllion times.

Seriously, it is awesome, this came from my mechanic/pc freak friend.

EDIT: And the dremel with cut off wheels is as good as it gets, you just have to do some smoothing.

I'll post some more updates to my install involving the same things tonight.
        2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

Working...
        X