screen in dash help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen in dash help

ok...been a long time since ive been here but ive been busy. i got a lilliput screen and a dvd player with tv tuner...i also got a new HU and a different car than in my sig lol...1995 olds cutlass ciera. anyways, i want to put the screen in my dash and the HU and DVD in the console im building at the moment....can anyone give me a how to or an idea on this? thanks!! BTW, i have no problem working with fiberglass or bondo, ive done it already a few times, i just need some direction on this one...here a pic of the dash for reference

thanks guys!!
    2002 Saturn SC2
    system install progress....
    [----------*---] 85%

Kenwood KDC-828 - eD 6500s - two eD 9.2s - eD 13kv.2 - eDead sound deadening - custom ported box - clifford matrix 10.5x

im confused. Cant tell much from that pic either.
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

ok, ill get a new pic soon, one that shows it better....basically i want to put the screen in the dash, not in a console...i guess i need to show the screen and all and how big the part of the dash is that i want to put it in. basically i just need to take that dash piece out and make it big enough for the screen...but how do i mount the screen from there?
      2002 Saturn SC2
      [----------*---] 85%

Kenwood KDC-828 - eD 6500s - two eD 9.2s - eD 13kv.2 - eDead sound deadening - custom ported box - clifford matrix 10.5x

Comment

depends on how you want to do it. Do you want to take the screen apart? mold the screen into the dash? Get a motorized thing a mabob. Or just cut it out and stick it to the back somehow.
        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
        Buy Sell or Trade
        Thank you
        Forex
        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

basically mold the screen into the dash...no motorized stuff and i want it to look clean...
          2002 Saturn SC2
          [----------*---] 85%

Comment

then there ya go. good luck.

Edit: Sorry i shouldnt say just that, id use some type of liquid nails or epoxy, jb weld something to hold the face, of the housing for the screen, into the dash then fill around with bondo. Check out some other installs.
            I GIVE FREE HUGS!
            Buy Sell or Trade
            Thank you
            Forex
            Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

ok...how do i go about molding the screen in then? i have somewhat of an idea but not really sure, is there a how to or anything?
              2002 Saturn SC2
              [----------*---] 85%

Comment

ok...what about the fact that i might wanna use this screen in another car once i sell the current one, how would that affect everything? could i just sand off the bondo? and thanks for the help man
                2002 Saturn SC2
                [----------*---] 85%

Comment

no if you wanted to take it back out. I would just mold the dash to fit perfectly infront of the screen. so the screen is behind it and part of the housing for the screen is on the back side of the dash. Know what i mean? I would not use any bondo. Unless you want to buy another case for the screen or whatever.
                  I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                  Buy Sell or Trade
                  Thank you
                  Forex
                  Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

ok, that makes alot of sense...basically make something that i can mount in the dash and use bondo or something to make it look nice and put the screen in front of that...sounds easy enough lol...thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it man
                    2002 Saturn SC2
                    [----------*---] 85%

Comment

You could bondo the headrest shroud into the dash and that way the screen would not be damaged and you would could pop the screen in and out as needed. If you change cars, then you would just need to replace the piece you modified and the screen would still be intact.
                      2005 Black Chevy Impala
                      Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

ok....so maybe mold in some connections and put some on the LCD case so i could pop it in and out? anyone know how i could go about that? or are you saying mold the case into the dash and pop out the lcd module as needed?
                        2002 Saturn SC2
                        [----------*---] 85%

Comment

heres an idea....what about molding some sort of a CD player case to the back of the LCD so i could slip it in the HU slot...and take it out as i please....good idea bad idea?
                          2002 Saturn SC2
                          [----------*---] 85%

Comment

Working...
                          X