Stage 1.. Fabrication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 1.. Fabrication

ok.. on to Carputer number 3. Finally got a few hours spare so set to.

UPDATE.. stage 2 starts on page 4 about halfway down :-)

Car Ford Mondeo ST220
    Screen Xenarc 7 inch

Ok.. as the mondeo already had a massive double din size stereo in it, it was a ideal car for the next project.. I never purchased it because of this reason (honest)

First thing I ordered were the little silve clip things to remove the stock sony unit. Then I purchased a Autolead facia convertor, this was to install a single din one into the car, but its a good place to start.

facia plate FP-07-07 Autoleads

I then took my brand new xenarc, and cut it up into little pieces.. bye bye warranty :-(

It was then time to get the superglue out and see if what I had cut up fits. It didnt at first, the bottom was about 2mm's to wide, so a quick snip here and there and superglued again.. this time it was right

first fit.. superglue stage

once I was convinced it was going to fit, I then forgot to by some resin... opps, this was on a sunday night where no shops are open. So hence the laminate floor filler glue, this is the same stuff but with a bit of colouring (fingers x'd anyway) So I then put it around it to make sure nothing was going anywhere

Once this had gone hard, it was time for filler / sand / filler / sand..

Looking like it should be doing now :-)

Then a quick spray of silver / sand / spray and its looking good :-)

and all done.. not stuck it in the car yet as i'm waiting for others bits to arrive. I just caught the corner a little bit.. should really wait for the paint to dry hard.. so i'm going to respray it again and leave it this time.. but you cant tell from the pic.. :-)

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Damn ... it looks too good! Good work fella. Wish mine looked as good ... you're inspiring me to try again.

Comment

nice....thats about what im gonna do i think....thats for all the info
      2002 Saturn SC2
      system install progress....
      [----------*---] 85%

Kenwood KDC-828 - eD 6500s - two eD 9.2s - eD 13kv.2 - eDead sound deadening - custom ported box - clifford matrix 10.5x

Comment

niceee i needa fix my screen and repaint it haha thanks for gettin me in the mood!

Comment

really good work. I am about to start on fitting my screen today
          Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

rockin
            AutoPC: M10k, WinXP, gps, wifi, 80GB HD, dvd-RW. SB mp3+
            MediaEngine front end, map monkey, netstumbler.
            gps mouse is on the fritz.....stupid technology

Comment

Ok.. had a hour today so I decided to see how good a fit the screen is. Very please with the results to be honest. Just need the wiring loom convertor now so I can move onto the next stage of sticking all the wiring in.

(false picture on screen lol )

CdR
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I think the aircon unit now needs to silver paint as it sticks out alittle.. what do you think ?
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

OMG! You've gone and done it again! One of the best screen installs I've seen!

Looks mint m8.

Comment

Yup the aircon could do with being silver, also if possible ditch the clock .. never liked the new ford oval clocks. Put some USB connectors or something in its place or even an LCD HU display for track info/directions.

Comment

yeah the clocks crap.. I think a nice lcd would fit just right there :-) Inside the clock housing..will have to see if I can grad a secondhand one from ebay or something.. no rush as I got **** loads to do :-)

CdR
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

nice work man! what car is it this time? Laguna, BMW series 5 and now what?

Comment

well its now a Ford Mondeo St220, family car this time :-( nother one on the way :-)

CdR
                          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL

Car Ford Mondeo ST220

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
                            : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
                            : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Working...
                            X