No announcement yet.

Fabrication Help/Advice

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabrication Help/Advice

Thanks for taking the time to check this long post out. I recently decided to redo my screen housing for my lilliput and ran into a small problem. After doing research on the board I decided to glue my extra lilliput frame to the dash but I seem to have got a little extra on the dash piece and it is VERY difficult to sand down. I used the glue from autozone that starts off in 2 seperate tubes and then you mix them together. To be honest it almost seems as if it is not going down at all. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before? Seems like I am going to have to resort to using a grinding bit on a dremel to help out. If someone would be so kind as to host a pic I could show the problem. Thanks in advance!

sounds like a 2 part epoxy. usually this isnt very sandable. and you should be able to attach images here... look under additional options when you're posting
    rebuilding carpc... kinda..

bust out the dremel and chop it out and then just fill it up with some bondo u shuda used hot glue that **** works better and is easier to pick off if not try some acitone on a cloth and try to burn through it

Here is the pic with a red outline of the problematic areas. I guess as another option I could use bondo to build the area up around it. Still take input. Thanks!
        Attached Files

ouch 2 part epoxy, yeh I agree with XDJ try a dremel , you'll never hand sand that stuff down, I dont know about acetone, may soften it up, may cause some chemical reaction , not sure
          2003 PT Cruiser
          Sony, DEI, Kicker, Polk Audio, Stinger sound system custom cold air intake, diamond plate floors, progress springs 2" drop
          Freakville Pc's
          The PT Crew
          my cardomain page
          my webshots page

what u can do is if uve seen the bits on a dremel they come in different shapes try to get a sanding bit small *** one and just dip into it basicly like V cut one from the left one from the right so the big messed up chunk comes out but ther eisnt a bigass gap inbetween kinda hard to explane but basicly like a piece of cake outta a whole cake haha im confusing u prolly

but once u get that one just fill in the V gap with bondo use a piece of card board and when u lay it in u can make it smooth at once so u dont have to sand it down tooo much after that just continue with what ur doing and it shud work well

this is the same process i used when a piece of wood started breaking into pieces i just hacked it out and filled it in wit bondo gooooood luck