Beveled Bezel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beveled Bezel

Ok I am semi-happy with my LCD bezel fabrication so far (the epoxy harden a little more over night).

However after doing a test fit of the LCD I noticed I made a mistake. I made the bezel beveled instead of straight (I butted the plastic piece up against the dash kit which was believed).

Does anyone have a possible solution to my problem?
    `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    ``,,`,,` `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    `
    `

Anyone?
    `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    ``,,`,,` `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    `
    `

Comment

Take your piece of plastic and cover it with blue masking tape...the waxy kind of tape. Make sure where the tape is directly below the gap is nice and smooth. Now attach the piece of plastic from the backside temporarily. Once the piece is attached fimrly mix up some body filler....Rage is best for this application. Wipe in body filler in the gap. Make sure you get a nice fill in the open area and be as gentle as possible to move anything. Let the body filler dry and remove the plastic piece. Now you can shape the boddy filler and sand smooth. Done properly this will give you a perfected fitting curve and fill the gap.

Comment

I think I follow you. Take a look at a picture of the inside of that bezel. I used some of that blue tape to tape off the inside of the bezel when I was expoxying it. How would the body filler react to the expoxy?

`
        ,,`,,
        ,,`,,
        ``,,`,,` `
        ,,`,,
        ,,`,,
        `
        `

Comment

Body filler does not stick well to epoxy. You may want to try a epoxy-based filler made from epoxy and microballoons (microspheres, cab-o-sil, etc.) instead.

I'd tape the screen, install it, then fill the gap.
          Fabricator

Comment

i dont understand your problem your fist post isn't that clear please clarify
            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Image that the black like is the bezel and the red line is the LCD. See how the screen isnt butting up against the bezel? Thats my problem.

`
              ,,`,,
              ,,`,,
              ``,,`,,` `
              ,,`,,
              ,,`,,
              `
              `

Comment

I have never had a problem with body filler adhering to epoxy. Ofcoursee I do not sand the epxoy smooth...usually 80 grit. Then body fill. Personally if I was doing the project I would use the monitor to get the form but I do not think it is a great idea for someone who has never done it before to use a costly piece to try it out on. That is why I suggest the plastic.

Comment

So people what's your experience with body filler and epoxy?
                  `
                  ,,`,,
                  ,,`,,
                  ``,,`,,` `
                  ,,`,,
                  ,,`,,
                  `
                  `

Comment

If this doesn't work I don't know what I'm going to do. What do ya'll think??

`
                    ,,`,,
                    ,,`,,
                    ``,,`,,` `
                    ,,`,,
                    ,,`,,
                    `
                    `

Comment

That might do it. Keep us posted.

Comment

that gap is not that bad i bet you wouldn't even notice it when it is installed.

It loks like you are on the right track though. That should do the trick
                        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
                        X