Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABS plastic slim-drive/laptop drive surround?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS plastic slim-drive/laptop drive surround?

Want to mold a laptop CD-ROM drive into my dash under the lcd. would like to stick to abs and solvent adhesives... Anyone know where i could find a piece of abs that would properly frame the drive door? thanks!!
    Dave

I have a few old Dell computers here and found out they are ABS and a great source for flat sheets of plastic. So if you have any old computers the inside might be marked ABS.
    A pic is worth a thousand words.

Comment

I bought a few blank sheets from McMaster-Carr. I think I paid $17 shipped for two 1/8" thick 12"x12" pieces. link: www.mcmaster.com type in "abs sheets" in the search.
      WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
      Webpage

Comment

Parts Express in several thicknesses. I like 1/8th for most uses, but 1/16th is easier to work with if you don't need strength.

There are some on ebay at very good prices as well.
        In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Any pre-fab opening to do it seamlessly? Thanks for the help so far!
          dave

Comment

Working...
          X