Where should I put my monitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I put my monitor?

Ok my stereo got stolen so the plastic peice got ripped off. I now have a new with a new stereo, but putting a monitor there would be too low for my taste. Monitor size doesn't matter. I was thinking about going for about a 12", but just let me know what you think. I would move the ac controls, but it doesn't look like I can because each wire is only so long and only extends enough for that spot. Any ideas?

put it where the hole is. it'll be less affected by light and look more proportional
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
      put it where the hole is. it'll be less affected by light and look more proportional
      that's what i'm saying... my stero unit is there now and it's too low.. i know the picture can be deceiving. Also the huge *** steering wheel would block the viewing angle, so i would only see parts of the screen without moving head which i'd rather keep on the road

Comment

You could mold something above your air vents... like if you were extending the left part of the dash (where all the gauges are)
        Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
        Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
        Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

12 inch monitor in that car will be crazy!!

Comment

steering wheel. Perfect
            Core duo
            1tb harddrive
            256 ddr
            8 lilliput
            bu-353

still installing...

Comment

Put a 7" in like this. Sorry, no PS on this computer (just trusty old paint).

Build a type of cabinet/holder with a bit of an overhang for shade from sun.

Good luck!

Peace,

Rafster
              Attached Files
              Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
                Put a 7" in like this. Sorry, no PS on this computer (just trusty old paint).

Build a type of cabinet/holder with a bit of an overhang for shade from sun.

Good luck!

Peace,

Rafster
                good idea
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I got the same question actually...in an Opel Astra H (2004) There is a screen that can be made into 7"....but then I can't perform service, claims Opel/Vauxhall, but I could also roof mount it ( in the plastic for sunroof control), they don't say anything to that.... (I didn' post any pics, since there are so many on the net, already)

Comment

make sure that you can remove it when you leave the car other way is going to the same pawn shop where you stereo is right now......
                    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Ok, I think I got it... I'll extend the conrols of the ac unit to stick up instead of out, so they'll be above the lcd... can do this by just welding some copper tubing up and then connecting a switch to it, so my contorls are staying in the same place but they're just going to be extended at a 90 degree angle, so i'll control them right on top of the lcd that's what those red crappy box are for in the pic. this way I can cover up the controls and i can use a big monitor. YES! it's going to be cool... i was pretty excited when i thought of it. What do you guys think...should work right?

Comment

Working...
                      X