Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear coat.

I just finished painting my dash. looks nice

wish I had a digital camera to post pics. Soon though!

I used SEM texture paint and then covered it up with U-POL satin black spray paint to get a semi-gloss finish.

Question: should I cover this up with a clearcoat? what exactly is the purpose of a clear coat. I feel it is used to protect whatever work lies in the layers underneath ? would it change the gloss/texture/look of my work ?

If i do decide to clearcoat this, what brand/kind of a clear coat should i get ?

I have searched the Fab. forum, but couldnt find answers to most of my question. Maybe I just suck at

thanks guys.
    99' V6 Solara SE.
    '05 CBR600RR
    Baltimore MD.
    Shuttle XPC| 512MB | 120GB 3.5" Seagate
    Opus 150W PS | Rikaline 6010 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | Centrafuse | IGuidance 3

anyone ?
    99' V6 Solara SE.
    '05 CBR600RR
    Baltimore MD.
    Shuttle XPC| 512MB | 120GB 3.5" Seagate
    Opus 150W PS | Rikaline 6010 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | Centrafuse | IGuidance 3

Comment

Not a expert in paint, but if it is an interior dash piece and you are useing textured paint, i would not clearcoat it.
      My Install

Software:
      CFiG v1
      iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
      Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
      StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

I can't recomend a brand but it will change the look. Depending on the amount of gloss you want depends on the the kind you get. When painting my dash i was trying to match the existing paint and sheen exactly. For me what worked is a flat clearcoat. It gives everything a flat sheen. You can even flatten glossy paints with it.
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

No. If you have the sheen you want leave it alone. Clearcoat is overrated. Its just another layer of paint unless you have a true base/clear system where it is required.
          Fabricator

Comment

Working...
          X