No announcement yet.

RSX install w/custom paint and dvd

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSX install w/custom paint and dvd

Well after a while of reading all the posts here I tried it myself, this was my 1st try at anything like this,after the orig screen part went well I addeda molded slimline dvd into the dash and then custom painted interior accent pieces with SEM 3 part candy apple red, took 20 coats including primer and clear... hope you guys enjoy it :

damn not 1 comment.... is that bad to yall?

Well since I am the first person to comment, I must say it is very good...I like that you painted the Ampie case from the stock blue and I also like the metallic red choice for the interior. The screen pics look good...can you show us the PC installed in the trunk? This makes me drool when I think of my upcoming setup...
      2005 Black Chevy Impala
      Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

sure here it is

I was able to put it inside the rear wheel well and total out of site.

RSX... *drool*

nah man it looks very good.. just the pics are a bit small, so hard to see a lot of details and really comment on it. From what I can tell though, looks very professional.

The red is a little too out there for my tastes, but it's definately a sexy red.

the one high res pic is great, good job on the molding!

I don't like the red, but to each his own, good job otherwise!
              Molded Screen:
              [++++++----] 60%
              DVD & Rest of audio:
              [++++++----] 60%

2004 Accord Coupe, Satin Silver K24 5 Speed powa!

7" Lilliput Screen, non touch with lots of Bondo
              NTB DVD player or put XBOX in car

My 04 Accord Picture Thread

Owning an RSX - Type-S I can appreciate the splash of colour you put in the new pieces. The ride is pimp'n!

I wouldn't do a red personally, I like liquid metalic blue. But then I also want to have my exterior Blueish-Black with a Green Pearl! So who am I to give out my personal taste!

Anyways good job on the molding. Want to do one for me?! I need to do something simliar. what did you use for the CD-ROM\DVD-ROM sleeve? I need something like that to do my molding.

P.S. you need to change up the stock shift knob to finish it off, something aluminium maybe with a little Red. I like the nice thin shaft with metalic and a splash of colour to meld it in with the interior. Small change but it'll make all the dif.

CentraSkin Developer

Try out the new version of CentraSkin V.52

Click here to get CentraSkin V.52

the primed DVD piece looks good. I can't tell from the sorta small pics, but it seems like your screen piece could use a bit more work on the paint. Good job though.
                  My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                  2 Kicker Comp 10"
                  Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                  Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                  Check it out?!

Woo, another RSXer. =)
                    I was thinking about doing that with the DVD but didn't have the balls for it yet. Looks really good though! Where did you get the 'sleeve' for the dvd drive?

dang, links dead for me

link works just fine for me.

Very nice work btw. looks really good.
                        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

damn man nice job. what color is ur car? wondering why u chose red

i like it paint it urself insted of paying for trim kits , what kind of paint did u use??