PT Cruiser Center Stack LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT Cruiser Center Stack LCD

Hi all, like most of you I've been drooling over the thought of pasting a nice big touchscreen smack dab in the middle of my car, and after much thought, I have come to the conclusion that it shall be my next conquest in life. I'm the proud owner of a baby pt cruiser who's guts are just dying to be ripped up and reconfigured, and I thought I would get some input before I begin(as well as keeping this thread updated with photos as I progress) So without further ado, here is my concept:

Stock Center Stack:

Proposed Modification to Center Stack:

This new configuration incorporates a 7" touchscreen LCD and a slot loading slim-line combo drive mounted just below it. the switch panel at the base of the OEM configuration consits of rather trivial features that are rarely used(rear windshield wiper, side view and rear glass defroster, and traction control over ride) which I will be relocating to a different area of the vehichle.

Please give me any feedback you think would be constructive to this project, again as I said, this is still in the planning stages so help me avoid mistakes before they happen. I am going to be using the combined guidance of Altimat's Guide as well as that of Giuliano's Guide to Molding . Please check back for updates as I progress!!

Hello,
    Also I am in your same condition, but never I have unfortunately not used dremel or the fiberglass. You have already thought next to where to put the push-buttons that you remove?

Comment

Switch Relocation

Dreadlocks- My original plan was to re-use the OEM switches and relocate them to the coin holder area just in front of the shifter, however upon disassembly of the center stack this evening I discovered that the OEM switches are much too large(they extend back into the dash on the Z axis of the above photos by approx. 2"). So, I will be either relocating them to the little cubby hole area under the center stack, OR I will be buying a switch plate pre-made for the coin holder area that is pre-wired with 5 switches, which can be found HERE (you have to scroll about halfway down) It's expensive at about 85 bucks... but it will save me time(want this entire install to be ready in two weeks), and I can control more devices than what was previously possible...

Also, I took measurements today with everything disassembled and will place my order for components tomorrow... stay tuned for some photos of the disassembled center stack with an overlay of all realevant measurements.

Comment

thanks for the information, aspect with anxiety your photos, and then I will copy to you sure.
        Hello and thanks

Comment

Components are in!!

Hey all, just wanna post a quick update... I received the shipment today with all the components for the system . I will start on the installation in the morning. In the meantime, I finally got the photos of the disassembled center stack with measurements. I appologize for the quality but I was at work and only had my camera phone handy. So, here are the pics...

Bezel Removed from dash:

Empty Center Stack

Also, I took apart my Xenarc 800TSV and unfortunately the slot loading drive will have to be located somewhere else in the vehichle(probably the cubby under the center stack) due to the fact that the screen fills almost all available space...

I will be posting more pictures tomorrow detailing the install more as I get further in to it. If anybody would like any specific pix let me know and I'll get them before I put everything back together.

Comment

Sounds good and good luck avatar thief.

ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
            Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

Removed

Comment

I POOP on avatar thieves.

POOP
                I'm nice, warm and brown :)

Comment

Poop away!

Comment

Poop!
                    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Pooooooooop
                      ....Yes, I know it has a stupid name, those crazy Japanese!

Comment

removed

Comment

Poop
                          ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                          Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                          All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                          Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by TrmptPlyr
                            When I chose the avatar of the dancing girl, ScouseMonkey, 2FastMR2, and edrex had the avatar, therfore I did not see that it would be considered uncouth to use it myself....
                            Wrong there. I took Scouse's avatar as a joke only after I saw that he was ****ed about you taking it. 2Fast then ran with the joke by switching the girl around and using that as his. Up until you came along Scouse was the only one with the dancing girl avy. Since avatars are a quick way to see who is posting (I can look out of the corner of my eye and recognize who the post is from) it is, and always will be, uncouth (great word, by the way!!) to take someone else's. Hence the thread pooping.
                            Hope this clears things up for you. No one wants to run anyone out of here or be on bad terms with newbs, so just change your avatar to something original and we will all get along just fine.
                            Cheers.
                            Spent so far: $1,755
                            Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
                            CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                            Don't mess with Texas.
                            It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

Originally posted by TrmptPlyr
                              When I chose the avatar of the dancing girl, ScouseMonkey, 2FastMR2, and edrex had the avatar, therfore I did not see that it would be considered uncouth to use it myself....
                              You liar! I was the only person with this avatar as I made it from a clip, Edrex had his Chumba hotel one and 2Fast has a picture of his MR2.

Edrex and 2fast put it up over a day after you did so to be honest if you don't come back then good. We acted in an amusing manner and you respond like that - AND you have the cheek to lie! I hate liars.

You are perfectly entitled to steal my avatar - i cannot stop you but think abotu this:

Avatars are individual things. when people see my avatar they assume i have made the post - and do not try and argue with that. If someone else decides to use my avatar i have to change mine as I do not want someone else's posts confused with mine - especially if they lie!

Comment

Working...
                              X