00' Celica GT-S 6 : Removal Dash Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00' Celica GT-S 6 : Removal Dash Install

This is going to be a progressive thread. I have it linked to a Gallery, and everytime I update some pictures, I will bump the Thread.

Link to Gallery

Link to Gallery

Basically what I have done is take the xenarx monitor, and molded it to one of those single din conversion pockets used by car audio places. I cut out the frame and recessed it. Then I fabricated the metal bracket for the back of the xenarc. that thing is rock solid, and its a direct bolt in replacement fot he stock radio. I can switch radio/lcd out in a matter of 4 bolts.

I can post more detailed pics of the assembly if desired. I have been keeping a photo log. I just uploaded every few that showed significant progress.

Nothing is "painted" yet, but the first two pages of pictures only represtent stage 1 of 3 on that particular console mod. The best is yet to come.

Awesome work man, it looks great. Very factory looking.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Looks really nice!

What did you go with the buttons? and where did the led go?
      2002 Mitsubishi Galant
      Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
      Via M10K
      512mb Ram
      60GB HDD
      Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
      OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
        Looks really nice!

What did you go with the buttons? and where did the led go?
        They are still there, I don't really ever use the buttons that much, but the led and everything is still there (blue if you didn't notice, my green one broke, so why not). I am either going to relocated them, or just pop open the console bezel if something goes wrong. It wasn't a major concern of mine at the time. This might be more of an issue when i get a rear view cam.

I am mainly interested in keepign factor lines. My favorite part is that I didn't have to touch the stock parts, well not much. Its like a direct radio replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by vatik
          They are still there, I don't really ever use the buttons that much, but the led and everything is still there (blue if you didn't notice, my green one broke, so why not). I am either going to relocated them, or just pop open the console bezel if something goes wrong. It wasn't a major concern of mine at the time. This might be more of an issue when i get a rear view cam.

I am mainly interested in keepign factor lines. My favorite part is that I didn't have to touch the stock parts, well not much. Its like a direct radio replacement.
          Yeah it looks really stock! I like the blue LED how dud you change it and what size bulb.where did u get it! Also how are you going to relocate the buttons? They are not removable
          2002 Mitsubishi Galant
          Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
          Via M10K
          512mb Ram
          60GB HDD
          Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
          OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
            Yeah it looks really stock! I like the blue LED how dud you change it and what size bulb.where did u get it! Also how are you going to relocate the buttons? They are not removable
            The led is just a standard 3mm blue led. They are called mini leds or something similar, but its the same size as the one thats already in there. Simple swap. I got mine from Fry's Electronics but im sure you can find them all over ebay/froogle. just make sure its around 3-5 volts.

Relocating Buttons How-to <-- Should be stickied

Comment

Working...
            X