fabrication agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabrication agents

well i hae serached and searched and yet to find anything useful, im looking for the stuff that everyone uses to mould in the casing for my LCD monitor into my dash, so it look orginal...

what is the stuff called and how much is it usually and how much will i need?

cheers

sean

epoxy + bondo + putty + lots of sanding paper + lots of time + paint + lots more time

Comment

Abs sludge or paste. Do a search

Comment

A new GF because the one that you have (saying that you have one) is going to leave you because you spend more time with adhesives that with her

Good luck....

Thanatos.

Edit:

Just to be on topic you also will need sanding block,tape,newspaper or plastic (to cover you work area).
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

snr88.....there are several methods used to mold the dash. It is best to first determine what you are looking for before anything. Do you want a factory look or something that is obviously custom? Most of the materials are the same except for the finishing products. Often what is used is what is readily available. I will tell you what I use on my personall cars and customer cars.

For inital bonding and most of the build up I use 3M Automix for semi rigid plastics. It is also available under the name Duramix. I used to use alot of epoxies but this stuff blows epoxy out of the water for this application. Once it is bonded in built up I use Rage Gold or Rage Extreme to smooth fill deep scratches. Then I use a high fill 2k primer and then to a final finish. Either high gloss paint or factory texture and factory colored paint.

If you have a local autobody supply shop then all the products you would need should be available there. There are places online like www.autobodydepot.com But I would recommend buying local. Hopefully you have a local place with cool people in it that can help you with product selection and application.

Comment

thanks heaps for the info SickVette, helps alot

well i want it to look as factory as possible...

anyway keep the advise commin guyz

cheers
            sean

Comment

Hey mate, you got the dash yet?

Comment

Originally posted by michaelhaynes11
                Hey mate, you got the dash yet?
                nope, should turn up tomorrow (i hope, wen ya send it mate?)

Comment

Tuesday. Should be there soon

Comment

Working...
                  X