Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you attach the mothboard + other componants

Hi guys

The setup i'm looking at involves all the parts being attached to 10mm ply wood, when in a case the MB is attached via the small brass hex screws.

I just wondered how you all mount the board.

I take it the other parts will need brackets making to hold them in place.

Does anyone know how to make it so the HD and CDR is rubber monuted to help reduce the vibrations from the car?
    {[I][I][I][I][I][I][I][I][I][I]} 20%

If you are near an ACE hardware I would suggest going there with some of the screws you want to mount the MB with. Hopefully they will have a big selection of bolts and anchors.

For mounting the MB, I used some round anchors with three prongs in them. They have a threaded barrel to accept a bolt, you drill a hole in the ply, hammer in the anchors and thread in a bolt, using some plastic tubes spacers as standoffs.

You can search the forums for shock mounting the drives, there are some exotic ideas (I molded a silicone HDD mount, never used it cause it stank - did not cure properly) and some basic ones (pad it with foam).
    "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
    http://www.eff.org/

Comment

Maplin sell specific motherboard standoff fixings made of plastic. they easy to find and the peeps are helpfull.

about 99p

(first post)

Comment

I used plastic wall anchors from menards. They work really well, and they are cheap.
        2003 Durango Install
        2003 Matrix Install
        2004 Escalade Install

Comment

regular old brass standoffs worked well for my carputer mounted to mdf board

Comment

Originally posted by sy_pug306
            Does anyone know how to make it so the HD and CDR is rubber monuted to help reduce the vibrations from the car?
            you can get some AVMs from RS (anti vibration moutings) but make sure you get some pretty short/firm ones or you can make things worse by introducing large oscillations.

Comment

The ones that are in my laptop have about the exact density as a pink eraser that you used to have in school. Cheap tip I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Stacker
                The ones that are in my laptop have about the exact density as a pink eraser that you used to have in school. Cheap tip I guess?
                i had a pink rubber in school but that was pretty soft and broke

Comment

Working...
                X