300ZX Dash mod question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300ZX Dash mod question

Ok, I'm wanting to install a Mac Mini into my 95 300ZX 2 Seater, but I don't want to use one of the motorized in dash screens. The Z has space for 2 cd decks, so what I'm wanting to do is cut out the space so that I can fit a screen. What I was wondering, is if anyone has done this and what screen they used. I'm also wanting the screen to be a touchscreen. Thanks a lot.

i'm not exactly sure, but i think a lilliput 7 inch touch screen fits perfectly (or close) in a double din space, and they're not too expensive for a touch screen ($275 on here i think, and around $235 on ebay). you might have to do a little fabbing to make it perfect. you should look into it though

Comment

photoshopped idea....

go with a xenarc since the buttons and the general more-square style fits the car. and they're supposeably a better all around product and worth the extra money. I dont know that though.
      Attached Files

Comment

and you could even make the upper lip pull out and cover the screen like a 350z if you have a lot of spare time.
        Attached Files

Comment

Come on man.... if you have money for a Z you gatta have money for a xenarc.

Thanatos.
          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Attached Files

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Thanks for the help, that's exactly what I want to do escalade. Also, out of curiosity, is that your twin turbo escalade?

twin turbo. mmmmmm. *drools*

Mines only an NA.

Comment

I just find out that is a 95.... well you got some ideas with the pic though.

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Yeah, if I had a 350 it'd be easy, but since I have the 300 it makes for a bit more work if I want to get the factory look. But here's my other question. If I do this, how would I go about getting sound out to my speakers. I assume I'd need an amp for my high and mid speakers, and an amp for my subs?

Comment

no, I have a camry. lol.

Comment

Camry182.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

1990camry182

Comment

i have a 93 Z. Originally my idea was to mold my lilliput into the dash. I bought a spare center console piece to hack and bondo, but I really suck at that kind of stuff so it turned into a total mess. So instead I bought the motorized housing, but it's possible. I was even planning on making a slot for my DVD player.
                          EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
                          Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                          OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
                          Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
                          BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
                          VoomPC 2

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                            Yeah, if I had a 350 it'd be easy, but since I have the 300 it makes for a bit more work if I want to get the factory look. But here's my other question. If I do this, how would I go about getting sound out to my speakers. I assume I'd need an amp for my high and mid speakers, and an amp for my subs?
                            hmmm well im only 16 and i've never had experience with car audio or car computers, but i have done quite a bit a research about the topic, and since nobody else has answered the question, i'll take a shot.

if you're using a mac mini, you should go with an external sound card, for example- creative audigy. basically use the outputs on the card to go to the imputs on the amp(s), but there are probably specifics which depend on your card and amps. hope this somewhat heps.

Comment

Working...
                            X