Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching screen to mounting...

Hi,

about 50% through my dash build. I am now wondering how to attach the screen to the front of the case and hence, the whole build.
    I have included pictures of the screen from all four sides, and one of the dashboard. I was thinking maybe build a tray under the whole lot and have posts to hold the screen up?

Anyone?

L
    Attached Files
    1996 Volvo 850 T5 CD - Eventually I'll start....

use little brackets on the back of lilliputs they have 4 little brackets that screw onto the front bezel and hold the screen inplace from behind and then the rest of the lilliput mounts to the front like a clam

ur post idea is cool but what if the screen goes left and right how will u stop it from doing that?

Comment

It's not a lilliput screen. I hear you though - brackets would be a good idea. I think I'm going to cut the back of the unit down a bit, and screw that on, as it was, but just reduce it in size, so it'll fit. In the mean time, keep the suggestions coming!

L

Comment

yeah i know its not a lilliput screen i was just saying use something like the brakets used on lilliputs

Comment

cool. Any chance of a pic of those? I'm sure I can put two on the bottom, failing getting the back on. Then get two clamps for the top?

L

Comment

The thing is, that there is circuit board and bits (you can see them around the edges) that probably wouldn't take to happily to a clamp....

Comment

well they usualy are 2 on the left 2 on the right ill try to find a pic and post it

Comment

http://digitalww.com/images/TouchKit...dscrewleft.JPG

http://digitalww.com/images/TouchKit...screwright.JPG

Comment

Ah! I'll do much the same. The screen fits tightly into the moulding...so all is going well!

L:

Comment

Working...
                  X