Where to mount HVAC controls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to mount HVAC controls?

Here is what I have, and I am having some trouble determining the best placement for the HVAC controls. I am going to be putting my screen in the hole that is circled, but am going to have to move the HVAC controls elsewhere.

Any ideas?

If you don't use your ashtray, it seems like a decent size one. Perhaps mounting them there and then you could fold them away when you don't need them.

Comment

with a little fg i say you could do it in the cig ligher/ashtray.

you could even make it a drop down

edit: wow you were maybe one second faster
      RIP 1993 civic sedan
      RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Great minds think alike... greater minds just do it faster j/k

It seems like the logical thing to do so long as he doesn't use his ashtray. He could also move the cig lighter to somewhere under the dash so it wouldn't be obvious but still available for charging.

Comment

I'd move HVAC controls straight down and relocate whatever that is directly below them. Looks like it'll get you an extra inch and a half or so.

Comment

The newer quad cab trucks and suv's have the rear ac controls in the overhead console you could relocate up there easily.

Comment

That control head is all electronic so the is just a plug on the back. It would be very easy to move any where in the dash. Just extend the harness and some mounting brackets.
              The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Well thank you all for your input, I had not thought of the ashtray. I will have to give it a try.

Comment

I think that 8-track rack is way too small for a 7"....?

Comment

can you take another picture showing the rest of the dash? dont have too many options there.

Comment

Lol, dont laugh, that is the whole dash. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by eugenen
                        The newer quad cab trucks and suv's have the rear ac controls in the overhead console you could relocate up there easily.
                        Do you have any more info on this? I have an 05 Silverado and I want to get an overhead control setup out of a Tahoe or Suburban. I am not sure how much different the wiring is, I know mine is Dual Zone and the overhead rear control is only single, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Comment

I don't think the controls for the rear ac will work the front ac, what I was meaning is relocate the existing ac controls to the overhead, since they are all electrical its just extending some wires.
                          most of your wiring is available here http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/2...lectric_CK.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Meatballman
                            I'd move HVAC controls straight down and relocate whatever that is directly below them. Looks like it'll get you an extra inch and a half or so.
                            thats what i was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                            X